Any Off Shore banks with good credit cards and online banking??

Status
Not open for further replies.

bassmaan

Aug 16, 2008
Can any one recommend any good off shore banks that have online banking and USD$ credit cards with points or cash back. Looking for banks that have branches in many countries like Hong Kong, Panama...exc and that dont require a large initial deposit and will allow many daily/weekly online transactions.

I would be able to get a refrence from my bank manager in canada and an introduction from my accountant and lawyer.

yeah i'd be edgy about putting your money in some obscure foreign municipality too. i did a lot of research on this and the best i could come up with is HSBC int'l offshore account.

its a reputable global company, have amex & visa debit, usd/euro/gbp accounts which can be linked, based in Gersey (tax haven). low charges. the downside is minimum $10K or currency equivalent opening balance.

i'm just opening one now. hopefully by the end of this month i won't have to deal with ripoff currency conversions (uk) or tax !! when my uk non-residence papers go through. welcome to life "off the grid" :)

i'd highly recommend discussing this shit with a good, scratch very good accountant. this is a must.

yeah i'd be edgy about putting your money in some obscure foreign municipality too. i did a lot of research on this and the best i could come up with is HSBC int'l offshore account.

its a reputable global company, have amex & visa debit, usd/euro/gbp accounts which can be linked, based in Gersey (tax haven). low charges. the downside is minimum $10K or currency equivalent opening balance.

i'm just opening one now. hopefully by the end of this month i won't have to deal with ripoff currency conversions (uk) or tax !! when my uk non-residence papers go through. welcome to life "off the grid" :)

i'd highly recommend discussing this shit with a good, scratch very good accountant. this is a must.
Yep, if you haven't got $10k to fill the minimum then I don't think any one should even consider opening an off shore.

Also, I agree with the account part. Those guys do tax evasion and books for a living, go speak to one.

for americans if you're not planning on informing the us govt of your offshore holdings, don't deal with a big bank like hsbc that has significant us interests (or us will use that to lean on them for information on us-based account holders, see UBS switzerland)

also don't get a debit card in your name if it's visa/mc because the us has subpoena power over those records

non resident?

for americans if you're not planning on informing the us govt of your offshore holdings

Maybe I'm confused but is not paying taxes what he's trying to do? If you're getting paid by US networks they'll be reporting your earnings from their side so not reporting them on your side would just be like asking to go to jail.

Maybe I'm confused but is not paying taxes what he's trying to do? If you're getting paid by US networks they'll be reporting your earnings from their side so not reporting them on your side would just be like asking to go to jail.

i'm talking about a separate form that you're required to file with the IRS if you are the beneficial owner of a foreign account that has more than $10,000 in it at any time during the calendar year... too lazy to google atm but its something like 9022-f

i've done consulting for offshore companies that deal with american affiliate networks before... all they have to do is fill out their w8-ben for the the network and the rest is smooth sailing. no way for uncle sam to know who owns that belize ibc unless they declare it

i've done consulting for offshore companies that deal with american affiliate networks before... all they have to do is fill out their w8-ben for the the network and the rest is smooth sailing. no way for uncle sam to know who owns that belize ibc unless they declare it

question I have is.. if you can't put the cc in your name, how do you get the money out of the offshore account?

I use NatWest (Royal Bank of Scotland) in Gibraltar and have accounts in Sterling, Euros, and USD. They do not do US credit cards, but I do have cards in Pounds and Euros.

They have an excellent online banking system. They supply you with a device that looks like a small calculator, and a chip and pin card. When you do a bankwire, the online system supplies you a number that you punch into your little calculator device and it then gives you a confirmation number you feed back into the system. If you make the daily cutoff, bank wires reach the US in less than 24 hours.

Excellent thread by-the-way. Great info!
A while back I was doing some research on this (moving bux out of the US)

I found that it helps to know people who don't live in the US who can help.

Just my $0.02

if you need to get cash to yourself there are a bunch of clever ways...

can you share any of them? because if it flows through your normal domestic bank account, it could get audited. if you buy stuff with normal cc, like you said it could get audited. so, how do you access your money?

I use NatWest (Royal Bank of Scotland) in Gibraltar and have accounts in Sterling, Euros, and USD. They do not do US credit cards, but I do have cards in Pounds and Euros.

Without wanting to push for too much personal info, can i just ask whether the cc's are in a IBC company name or your personal name?

can you share any of them? because if it flows through your normal domestic bank account, it could get audited. if you buy stuff with normal cc, like you said it could get audited. so, how do you access your money?

not sure how smart it would be to post tax fraud 101 on here :-\

most people with offshore companies/banking aren't actually in a hurry to repatriate the money. more favorable laws and investment opportunities exist abroad.

They have an excellent online banking system. They supply you with a device that looks like a small calculator, and a chip and pin card. When you do a bankwire, the online system supplies you a number that you punch into your little calculator device and it then gives you a confirmation number you feed back into the system. If you make the daily cutoff, bank wires reach the US in less than 24 hours.

bas u gotta linky to this? A signup page or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.