Any Ideas for Exit Popup Content?

auctarb

Mar 26, 2007
HogMtn-GA
voltolio.com
I am running a bunch of product datafeed sites that get a ton of traffic. Any ideas on what to use in an exit popup? I've tried all sorts of zip/email submits, eBay daily specials, even an adsense block. There's some action but not nearly as much as anticipated. I know popups suck, but there has to be something that makes it worth it? Thanks

CNET has this pop up that after a certain amount of inactivity it will ask you if you've found what you're looking for, and then recommend related products etc.

You have to figure out why they're not buying:
1) Too high of price: Show a coupon code or possibly a zip submit.
2) Uncertainty of product quality: Redirect to reviews on exit.
3) Not enough time: Redirect to "Email this page"/Show optin form.
4) Wants to compare: Show ratings of related products.

There are others too, but these are a few that I've thought of.

I am running a bunch of product datafeed sites that get a ton of traffic. Any ideas on what to use in an exit popup? I've tried all sorts of zip/email submits, eBay daily specials, even an adsense block. There's some action but not nearly as much as anticipated. I know popups suck, but there has to be something that makes it worth it? Thanks

eBay Specials

Today's Hot Deals

Opt-in to newsletter to get "5 scary facts about product X"/etc

Thanks for the suggestions - Unfortunately, these sites and products are so varied and numerous that individual popups and/or focused email opt-ins is impractical. I'm looking more for a one-size-fits-all that will pique interest no matter who the visitor is or what they came for. I would've thought any of the CPA networks would have alot of such a thing to choose from - but it's the same old crap you see saturating everywhere else.

Yea, 7 day cookie but its still decent if you get one big shopper. Run up to Christmas you should be making bank easy.

find sponsored feed with no TOS about pop-unders

Would this be something that displays ads/products according to the contents of your site? AMZ has something like that, but the popup is it's own site which preloads & hides in the background until the visitor tries to leave, so the products that appeared were totally irrelevant. Other than that, I don't know where else to check - any suggestions?