Any experiences with rushing a passport?

LegitAM

WF Premium Member
Apr 7, 2010
So I am planning a trip that i leave for in 5 days, bad thing is i trashed my passport and forgot about it till just now.

You guys have experiences with places like rushmypassport.com?

Is it really necessary to use them or can I get it just as quickly by ordering a new one at the post office like i did originally? I ask because these guys tack on a ridiculous $299 processing fee.

Most post offices will not be able to do a 5 day turn around service. At best I've seen two weeks. Some cities have places that can do same day service because they are making it right there.

Hi...The fastest I have ever seen is just over 2 weeks but can you get it faster if you fill out all the paper work online? I heard that somewhere ...

tands

If you go to miami you can get it done in 1 day. I had a good friend that did this. Apparently it's an all day event, but it can be done.

You didn't say where you're from. I got my last passport rushed (Canada), and had it about 36 hours after applying. I just bought the flight, brought the ticket confirmation to the passport office, and told them my dad had a stroke, and I needed to leave immediately. They believed me, cost about $120 I think, and I had my passport right away.