Any Charlotte NC peeps in the house?

this_guy

5th Year Senior Member
Apr 27, 2008
My fiance and I are seriously considering moving to North Carolina and most likely Charlotte.

Where would you recommend a couple live in the city? We would definitely prefer something more central, especially in the beginning.

How do you like the city?

I live downtown, or uptown as they call it in Charlotte, and love it.

I personally think if you're going to live in Charlotte you either need to be downtown in the city or out of town on the lake.

Feel free to hit me up when you're looking around at places

Yah I like Charlotte too. There is a lot of good housing both downtown and just outside. Fun city with a lot to do. Plus football season starts soon.

Charlotte is a great city. That said, North Carolina is one of the worst states to move to if you work in the internet industry due to the new taxes they are passing. Not only do you essentially get double taxed you also cannot have a traditional LLC because it is treated as a corporation. Pretty shitty state for small business if you ask me. South Carolina isn't any better because of their high state income tax.

I know a guy with a house for sale in Mt. Holly. It is 14 minutes to the city, but one block away from Mountain Island Lake (the lower half of Lake Norman). Great little community with tennis courts and a pool too. Priced ready to move too.

Charlotte is a great city. That said, North Carolina is one of the worst states to move to if you work in the internet industry due to the new taxes they are passing. Not only do you essentially get double taxed you also cannot have a traditional LLC because it is treated as a corporation. Pretty shitty state for small business if you ask me. South Carolina isn't any better because of their high state income tax.

other taxes in SC are dirt cheap though. property taxes are extremely low.

I live downtown, or uptown as they call it in Charlotte, and love it.

I personally think if you're going to live in Charlotte you either need to be downtown in the city or out of town on the lake.

Feel free to hit me up when you're looking around at places

Thanks

Damn, I'll have to seriously consider this.