Status
Not open for further replies.

PhillipMarlow

Pheasant Heavy Breathing
Mar 14, 2008
Anyone here into jiu jitsu?
photo_bjj.jpg

kyragracie1ia1.jpg

Rockhard, I will kneebar you until your leg snaps like a cheap toothpick.

I've been doing it for a year, working towards being a serious local contender and placing 4th in the beginners' division in competition two weeks ago.

And rockhard - I hate you :D

Edit: and its the only martial art you can do hung over on a Saturday morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krav maga practitioner
what the hell are you doing on the ground in the first place?

never had a good answer for that.

I hope that dude gets into a fight with even a semi-decent wrestler.

Nice! Krav Maga has been on my list of shit to learn for a long time.

Aikido here. Didn't do it for very long, but long enough to learn that just because someone's a black belt in ______ (fill in the blank) martial art, doesn't mean they stand a chance on the street. The only ones that were actually dangerous were the guys with the mentality for it, but most don't have that.

Had a black belt that was trying to demonstrate why XYZ throw worked. Problem was, the body mechanics didn't add up, and I'm a stubborn asshole. So, as he's trying to throw me, I'm just standing there. Finally, I gave in, dropped to the ground and he smugly says "See, it does work". Fuckin' right, whatever. I'm still a little bitter, should have just stuck to my stubborn guns and stood there like a rock. Really wished that the dojo was more Japanese hardcore. Too many "enthusiasts" and not enough martial artists.

Yeah, makes me a bit grumpy.

jiu%20jitsu.jpg

Rofl seriously though I've been thinking of joining a jui jitsu dojo that or krav maga

I currently study under Dale Apollo Cook for the last 5 years and would love to move into Jiu Jitsu. Anyone know of anyone around the Tulsa area that is any good.

Status
Not open for further replies.