Amex Gold Card vs. Amex Blue Cash

Status
Not open for further replies.

natekapi

Dec 27, 2006
South Beach
www.spoofcard.com
Which card do you guys like better for all your expenses? (I don't really spend enough for the Plum Card yet)

The 1.5% cash back on the Blue Cash is nice but I just found out that 25,000 points on the Gold Card gets you a free domestic flight on pretty much any airline (JetBlue!) without timing restrictions. Much better than my other frequent flier miles Visa. Also some of the other perks of the Gold Card are nice.

Amex FTW.

Which card do you guys like better for all your expenses? (I don't really spend enough for the Plum Card yet)

The 1.5% cash back on the Blue Cash is nice but I just found out that 25,000 points on the Gold Card gets you a free domestic flight on pretty much any airline (JetBlue!) without timing restrictions. Much better than my other frequent flier miles Visa. Also some of the other perks of the Gold Card are nice.

Amex FTW.

I was looking at their web site: American Express Business Gold Card

You got to spend $50,000 in a year on the gold card just to get 20,000 points. So that means you got to make up 5,000 points with something else like a bonus points offer or something.

Then I went to Airport Check-in: Cincinnati is USA's most-expensive airport - Flights: Airfare, flight tracker, delays, miles tracker & airport news - Today in the Sky - USATODAY.com and saw that a domestic flight in the US could cost like $600.

So you would need to spend $50,000 and get a bonus 5,000 points offer to get a free $600 flight.

If you are getting 1.5% cash back on your blue card, then if you spent $50,000 on your card you would get $750 back.

So if I got this all right then it would be better to go with the blue card unless you are going to spend $50,000 on your card and your domestic flight is going to be more than $750.

Plum... 2% back. If you don't have an s-corp or LLC just make one, they accepted my s-corp which was 1 week old.

Remember... Plum isn't a credit card. If you don't pay it back on time you are fucked. But the 2% is nice. I don't even have an s-corp or LLC and they somehow accepted me. Meh.. can't complain there :).

For business, other than Plum, I hear Amex Starwood all the time. Personal, I'd go with Blue. That's what I'm using.

Yeah, I don't think there's a spending requirement for Plum. I have it, it's nice to think that early pay is getting me a 2% discount on everything. Plus you get credits on Yahoo advertising and stuff.

The Amex Gold Rewards Plus Card I got is $1 = 1 point. Dunno why the one you saw is $2 = 1 point. So I really only have to spend $25,000 to get a free flight....and I get 25,000 points when I spend my first $1k.

Amex FTW.

Blue Cash is a Credit Card where you can carry a balance, last time I checked Amex Gold is a Net 30 Card that requires PIF every time. Good for cash flow, but keep that in mind. No floating..

Status
Not open for further replies.