Amazon - Same Day Delivery

alpacabear

May 5, 2012
AVL
I just read this article on Gizmodo and wondered what possible effect it could have on affiliates.

How Amazon

My first thought was, maybe all states will now be able to participate in their affiliate program. My second thought was, maybe there won't be as much money to be made because everyone will know Amazon has same day delivery - so they just go directly to amazon.com. My third and final (hopeful) thought is that this will create new opportunities for affiliates to make more money than ever.

I'm trying to wrap my head around the logistics of this. It sounds to me like instead of UPS trucks you'll see a lot of Amazon trucks. Or maybe you'll just see way more fedex and ups trucks on the road just for Amazon. And when does it cut off? If you order at 4:30 pm can you still expect your order next day? That's something local stores will always beat Amazon in.

It'll be interesting to see what happens.

My first thought was, maybe all states will now be able to participate in their affiliate program. My second thought was, maybe there won't be as much money to be made because everyone will know Amazon has same day delivery - so they just go directly to amazon.com. My third and final (hopeful) thought is that this will create new opportunities for affiliates to make more money than ever.
I hope so I am missing out a ton of that revenue on sites that I manage. I used get a ton from viglink from amazon purchases.

I heard that Amazon (among several other big companies) is pushing for a national sales tax (you can do a quick search to pull up articles on the subject). It seems they have given up on avoiding paying sales tax in states like Texas and California, so we might very well see them open up for affiliates in all states again in the near future.

I'm surprised that Amazon hasn't yet partnered with local stores to list their inventory online. Give them a Kindle Fire and give consumers the option of buying on Amazon and shipping normally or buy on Amazon and pick it up at your local store. Obviously Amazon would take a commission for facilitating the sale.

I think it's a lesson for us to MAKE SURE first anything is legit and not be lost or maybe missing when purchasing at amazon, Just review the product reviews first :)

"Amazon-one day deliver is banned"

Amazon's one-day conveyance advertisement for Prime members has been prohibited as ... would decide if a thing was dispatched on the same day.