AIG - Good stock buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hey, pick up 100 shares! If it goes back to the 52-wk high you'll be a happy camper. I personally can admit that playing the stock market would be no different than gambling, so I'll pass.

cryey9.jpg

This probably isn't the time to be playing the stock market without a wealth of prior experience. That said, as a coin-flip, pick up a few shares since the losses will be minimal, but potential long-term gain could be high given the initial capital investment. One-dollar is pretty low, but Lehman and Bear at $1 seemed like a great buy as well.

Re-invest back into affiliate marketing, you'll probably realize a higher return :p

If you bought 10,000 shares at 12:46 (2.13) (the time of your post), at the closing bell your shares would have been worth 2.69 each.

An initial investment of $21,300 becomes $26,900 for a profit of $5,600 (not including trading fees). That is if you are able to sell it for that price the next day.

I know someone who loaded up on half a million dollars worth of AIG shares, only to see them go up 40c by the day's end. The hard part will be unloading them all.

Ooohhh, it's like 2001 all over again, only it's financials this time instead of tech.

Were any of you guys around for that or just old farts like me? :anon.sml:

You don't want to hear my advice on what to do, 'cause it would be no fun to hear...

Status
Not open for further replies.