AIG - Good buy?

JamesH

Jun 25, 2006
AIG is trading at 13.35 a share. Q2 earnings will be posted on August 3, 2009. I've read that they should be reporting earnings this time around on various message boards. Think this would be a good buy? I'm kicking myself for not buying this shit at $1 a share...

I'm calling it flat for a while. Even if they do have a favorable earnings report, all those people who bought at $1 are going to cut and run to lock in their fortunes. It should churn for a while.

You shouldn't invest in stocks based on how far they have fallen... or the share price for that matter. Until you can look at a companies financials, and give the company a rough valuation you shouldn't be investing with large amounts at all.

All of those people that bought at $1 lost there ass since AIG stock did a reverse split and bought back common shares. (I was part of that group)

Don't be fooled by the price that it is now that means nothing. It was a reverse split 10:1 i believe. I own some shares and didn't even realize it until i looked at this thread and was like wtf its trading at $13 then saw it was a reverse split. I think I averaged at $3 something and have still lost 82%. So don't think that it went up 13 times.

it was 20:1 split when stock was about $1.20 , so price of that stock is $13.35:20=$0.66 now. If not for split it would be out of NYSE... So thank God you did not buy it at $1.20

Meh... I was in at $1.14 before the split. This equates to $22.80 a share. Then some analyst came out and said they could have no value and it dropped to around $8.00. I tripled up and then got out at $15 and change a week ago. It's a crap shoot if you ask me. Better invest in MSFT or Nat Gas at current levels for safer plays.

it was 20:1 split when stock was about $1.20 , so price of that stock is $13.35:20=$0.66 now. If not for split it would be out of NYSE... So thank God you did not buy it at $1.20

Yea i had know idea what the split was I just knew I had a lot less shares then what I had before