Aged Domain 101

Netpreneur_2

Jun 7, 2011
Planet earth
Hi all,

I am pretty new to aged domain BUT have heard good thing about acquiring aged domain. Now I have a few questions and seeking some clarification:

Let said I buy a PR4 domain, transfer it to my host server. Then i start installing WP & put on content, will this cause any dropped in the original PR (page rank)?

I was under the impression that every time we make some changes to an existing WP site, including theme update or alter the page title and content, there will be changes on the ranking and PR? OR this only apply to new domain registration but not aged domain transfer?

Am I correct to say that we are save to install WP and add content to an aged domain, and the PR will stay the same?

Txs

You may take a bit of a hit to your PR but it'll quickly bounce back so it's nothing to worry about tbh. I did this with a PR6 domain, it dropped to PR4 for a few months but them shot back up to PR6 again.

Good luck with your new domain :)

I'm interested in buying aged domains, but I want to make sure the original domain had content similar to what my content will be. Otherwise, I foresee the ranking going down.

You could use something like

www .archive .org (can't post the link, sorry)

to see what the website used to look like. Potentially the seller may be interested in selling you the original content too.

IMO if it's got a good backlink profile, you won't lost the PR.

As long as the links that caused Google to 'reward' the domain with a high PR are still up, the PR should bounce back.

This is actually quite common when buying aged domains from registrar auctions and the domain in question has been parked for a while. The domain will lose its PR (or get a lower PR) while parked and it will later bounce back up once the domain has been pointed to a real website again.