AffiliateMarketing.Money

GrindTim3

Oct 16, 2009
New York
Scooped up this domain earlier today and was very surprised no one had purchased it yet. I plan on flipping it, but I'm curious if anyone has any opinions on what this domain is worth.

om80vY9.png

I own the domain AffiliateMarketers.com, turned it into a decent aggregator (custom coded site) but didn't have time to market it properly despite the fact that I had pretty big plans.

So I decided to sell and let someone else take over.

Wasn't even able to get $10k for it. Not even ten thousand Federal Reserve Notes.

And this is for a kick-ass dot com registered about 15 years ago... with a custom coded site on it. I'd be in breakeven territory at 10k, so it would hardly be an amazing price for me.

AffiliateMarketing.Money is a regfee domain.

There are hundreds upon hundreds of new gTLDs out there, so there isn't any scarcity involved. AffiliateMarketing.Money, AffiliateMarketing.Website, AffiliateMarketing.Site, AffiliateMarketing.XYZ and so on.

It's even hard to sell great dot coms, good luck trying to move new gTLDs.

Of all the posts I read, I read this one, just as i am about to enter into the internet marketing world. Why is affiliate marketing dead

I own the domain AffiliateMarketers.com, turned it into a decent aggregator (custom coded site) but didn't have time to market it properly despite the fact that I had pretty big plans.

Wasn't even able to get $10k for it. Not even ten thousand Federal Reserve Notes.

And this is for a kick-ass dot com registered about 15 years ago... with a custom coded site on it. I'd be in breakeven territory at 10k, so it would hardly be an amazing price for me.

10k only??? Man this is crazy. I would have been shopping for my yacht if I had that domain. Then again I don't know much about domaining, but this seems like a very high value domain to me.

EDIT: wait did you sell it or do you still own it?

AffiliateMarketing.Money is a regfee domain.

There are hundreds upon hundreds of new gTLDs out there, so there isn't any scarcity involved. AffiliateMarketing.Money, AffiliateMarketing.Website, AffiliateMarketing.Site, AffiliateMarketing.XYZ and so on.

It's even hard to sell great dot coms, good luck trying to move new gTLDs.

Great .com's are selling better than ever. Prices pretty much follow the stock market.

AffiliateMarketers.com is good but not great, IMO. AffiliateMarketing.com is great.

Even AffiliateMarketing.net sold for $16,500 last year and the .net/.org is often only worth 5-10% of the .com

Of all the posts I read, I read this one, just as i am about to enter into the internet marketing world. Why is affiliate marketing dead

Because brick and mortar jobs are paying so great right now.

My best friend used to own Bunnies.com (He ran an eComm store selling, yup, you guessed it, bunnies). He was pulling a good 15-16 bunny sales per day, averaging at around $250 per bunny.

One week he called me up and say "(o_O), I'm out. I'm shutting down my website to go work at a IRL store called PetCo and be the head of their Rabbit Department". Never heard from him after that.

TL;DR - Affiliate marketing and internet jobs are dead in 2015.

10k only??? Man this is crazy. I would have been shopping for my yacht if I had that domain. Then again I don't know much about domaining, but this seems like a very high value domain to me.

EDIT: wait did you sell it or do you still own it?

AffiliateMarketers.com is still for sale. A friend of mine who is a pretty active broker will be listing it on Flippa, the auction will go live on the 22nd of March (so on Monday). The reserve will be $9,500, basically breakeven territory for me but I need as much liquidity as I can get over the next few months, c'est la vie.

The thing is, when you need liquidity now or soon-ish, you have to come to terms with the fact that you're not in a great position to negotiate. The ideal situation is when someone contacts you, not when you try to find buyers. When you're contacted by a potential buyer rather than the other way around, you're negotiating from a position of strength.

That's awesome I just asked if someone had taken advantage of this new tld on another forum. I tried for make.money and it was taken. That's a pretty good one though. The common opinion that I've seen is that it will be about 5 years before anything really happens with most of the new tlds. What are you going to do with it?

That's awesome I just asked if someone had taken advantage of this new tld on another forum. I tried for make.money and it was taken. That's a pretty good one though. The common opinion that I've seen is that it will be about 5 years before anything really happens with most of the new tlds. What are you going to do with it?

That's the main new gTLD paradox.

The only scenario in which I'd ever consider developing a new gTLD would be if a domain such as make.money were available. But in most cases (the overwhelming majority), such domains cannot be hand registered. They tend to either be on the ICANN collision list or reserved by the registry in order to be sold at a premium.

After about a year since the new gTLD launches started, I've only managed to secure *two* really good domains: Stocks.XYZ and Loans.Social. Stocks.XYZ was bought for a one-time premium price and I had to work pretty hard to secure Loans.Social, backordered it at pretty much all registrars (even obscure ones).

All in all, really good new gTLD domains won't be available for hand registration.

That's the paradox.

Most people will end up having to settle for whatever's left (second tier domains, scraps, leftovers) and IMO, those people are better off going with a dot com hand registration.