Affiliate Summit or Ad Tech?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdTech kicks AS's ass in my opinion. If you're going to meet new vendors and people to put together deals with AdTech is the place to be. Affiliate Summit is just a small show that a lot of people from WF go to. That's the only reason I go, if every single person I talk with online wasn't going to I would definately skip it.

I've never been to AS but I know Ad:Tech kicks ass. I've been to Chicago and NY full conference pass (for free) the past 3 years and I've made some sweet contacts.

Affiliate Summit or Ad Tech... Both are cool, and I think Ad Tech is more productive, but I want to know what other people think. It will be hard to have a bad time in Miami no matter what.

seeing as your an advertiser manager i would definitely recommend ad tech. Its much more just online media based with more opportunity to find advertisers as opposed to AS which would be good place to get new affiliates

Ad Tech is getting a little watered down, nothing new for the past 3 years, and if anymore account reps are in there, you'll never find the people you want to talk to.

If they took away account reps from the floor, 80% of the people would vanish. It's more of a vacation for some companies, and it's the reps only chance to get out of the office all year.

None the less, I attend all the shows, and have all been to the London show and the Shanghai show, but it's getting a bit out of hand. I have a feeling another conference will be on the horizon for just the movers and shakers.

If they took away account reps from the floor, 80% of the people would vanish. It's more of a vacation for some companies, and it's the reps only chance to get out of the office all year.

I had this same conversation with people at the SF Ad:Tech show. It was a really good place to meet people though, and it's how I found WF. Not to mention San Francisco in April was awesome.

I was actually sorry to miss the Miami Ad:Tech because I'm interested in working with the latin market, but I decided to try AS instead...

yes... for the fucking party.

Anyone in the Dallas area who's going should hit me up.

Been to the Ad tech in Miami this year as well. There was almost no one there.

Didn't think that would take off, but then again Shanghai was an awful show, and they have since moved it to Beijing. Ad Tech grew too fast too quick. From only have 2 shows for 10 years, and now having close to 15 shows in less than 3 years, I think someone saw dollars instead of quality product.

Status
Not open for further replies.