affiliate marketing?? few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

HHOTEK

We make things GREEN
Feb 16, 2009
bostic nc
www.hhotek.com
i understand the basic principle of how it works post ad ad gets clicked you get x amount purchase made from click you get x amount.

i am thinking of setting my girl and a couple of my friends up doing this.
a few questions.
How much of it is skill and how much is right place right time?
percentage of successful marketers?
does it require a personal investment to be successful initially?

any other beneficial info you can provide that i should consider before pulling he trigger on this?

thanks

first of all, its not easy money!!, and none of your frnd and girl can do it without an experience, you need to rub your ass in order to learn the stuff! forget teaching :) or even setting up;)

first of all, its not easy money!!, and none of your frnd and girl can do it without an experience, you need to rub your ass in order to learn the stuff! forget teaching :) or even setting up;)
^^^^^^^^^
url

OP - Get your ass into the Affiliate Marketing section of this forum and do the following:

Keep your fucking mouth shut, don't post a goddamn thing until you test an offer.
Read the 100K/year and 200K/year threads, read EACH sticky in EACH forum on this board.
go to nickycakes.com and read his newbie guides.

Then come back and ask questions after you've tried some things or are hoplessly stuck.

BB Wolfe: What?

He just calls it like he sees it, kind of like Clint in Grand Turino (awesome movie btw)

i understand the basic principle of how it works post ad ad gets clicked you get x amount purchase made from click you get x amount.

a few questions.

any other beneficial info you can provide that i should consider before pulling he trigger on this?

thanks

What I learned in my time here is that Affiliate Marketing is not something you just "do" all of a sudden is .. and for you to have any chance of making it work, it almost has to become you or at the very least a significant part of your daily life.. I think AM day in day out now.. it's a slow and steady gathering of ideas, joining the dots and eventually getting a big enough picture to have moderately good attempts at making money.

As I'm learning, I find it hard not to share my enthusiasm about AM with everyone around me(as you are having now), but you have to remember that it's not for everyone either. For many people here, including myself, AM encompasses many of our previous hobbies into one entity... Web design, marketing, brainstorming, stats, grinding at anything on a PC for the heck of it, etc..

What I recomend is introduce them to wickedfire, tell them they're going to see a lot of spinning dicks but to see past these for the wealth of information this forum offers... If AM is right for them, they will continue to pursue it, if it's not...well you tried.

He just calls it like he sees it, kind of like Clint in Grand Turino (awesome movie btw)
*facepalm* I'm aware of Pulp Fiction. Clearly you don't get a reference where you see one.
The caption on the pic posted is from the "Say what again, motherfucker!" scene... With such great lines as "What ain't no country I ever heard of" and "Do they speak English in What!?"

a few questions.

thanks

Unfortunately PPC isn't quite that easy. You need to do your research well as many people have lost large amounts of money due to poor adwords campaigns. It definitely requires skill and it requires a personal investment to pay for your initial campaign clicks.

*facepalm* I'm aware of Pulp Fiction. Clearly you don't get a reference where you see one.
The caption on the pic posted is from the "Say what again, motherfucker!" scene... With such great lines as "What ain't no country I ever heard of" and "Do they speak English in What!?"

Well it could also be interpreted as "what" because of the manner in which he replied. I wasn't referencing anything that BB said, just the attitude he did it in. Clearly there's more than one way to interpret a "what" also.

Although I read a lot of different things, it wasn't until I went through Ed Dale's 30 day challenge that I built a good foundation. After that I immersed myself in Howie's stuff and did a whole bunch of reading, to make even more distinction. Studying the basic, in fact, master the basics, so that you will have a structure in place to understand what to do and when to do it!!!

i suggest re-evaluating your whole approach to this. Don't get in it thinking it's some get rich quick method that you can easily jump into, because that's the last thing it is, regardless of how it may look on the surface. It seems like this has been beaten to death, but you must have missed those posts...

In reality, unless you are very lucky, in order to succeed in this business, it will require the same dedication as any other business venture/project, meaning 24/7 at least for the first year.

Don't pull a fucking Swiss Family Robinson approach, this ain't a Disney movie kid.

wha.png

Status
Not open for further replies.