Affiliate Manager Blog?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickycarrots

Jul 13, 2006
Hello Everyone,

I've recently gotten a job as an Affiliate Manager at XY7.COM. I was thinking it might be a good idea to create a small blog where I can blog about the latest from XY7 and include some personal posts so my affiliates can get to know me better. I'm managing their accounts and working with them to make the most money possible, why shouldn't they know a little about me?

I've been looking around and I haven't really found anyone promoting their "affiliate manager blog" and was wondering what you guys thought of the idea. I'll be keeping my affiliates up to date on new offers, offer expiring, etc. and tell them a little about myself.

Good idea?

Thanks,
Luke

I've seen some around, in fact, some of the affiliate managers that are members here do have their own company style blogs that they run on their own. Interesting stuff sometimes too.

It sure would be nice to be able to check out a webpage and see what the latestnews is, I don't have it too bad though, my am sends me an email at the start of every week with that shit in it.

Starting a blog for your company is a very good idea. Great way to communicate with your affiliates and let them communicate with you and each other.

It sure would be nice to be able to check out a webpage and see what the latestnews is, I don't have it too bad though, my am sends me an email at the start of every week with that shit in it.
We send them out on a daily basis :)

Who's Luke, and where am I?
I'm Luke :)

How does my blog look so far?
http://xy7luke.com

It's not complete yet, but it's close.

xy7mike said:
LUKE IS A PIMP DADDY, THE LADIES LOVE THIS KID. :love-smiley-013:

We do real work here! Go play with Nickabling on Myspace or something or hey maybe you should help Luke setup that Blog so people can find out what quality offers you have! Love ya big man :2gunsfiring_v1:

Really where is my link hon? Thanks for keeping me in the loop! Great communication :smokin:

cpaelaura said:
Two of us at cpaempire.com started one. It's a great way for us to communicate to our affiliates and to share our ideas and views on the industry.

These days I think an affiliate program blog is pretty important. More affiliates are using RSS to get info and lots of affiliates don't read their email.
I'd also say that if you want to build up readership, don't just talk abut your program. Sprinkle in some industry news and tips that affiliates can benefit from and you will get more readers and it can actually be used then as a recruiting tool as well to attract new affiliates that read the blog.

My affiliate blog is getting about 2,000 readers a day now and 4,000 page views a day. If all I wrote about was new programs and program promos I'm sure I wouldn't have 1/10th of the traffic. But I write lots of tips and new stories of interest to affiliates so they come back daily to read what I blog.

Good luck with yours. Hope it does well!

Sticky,

You guys don't need a Blog! you should work on PAYING your affiliates first! nothing personal champ I just would hate to see anyone here go through what I had to. XY7 Guarantees payment but they do creative accounting so you get paid just the wrong amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.