AdWords

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sohan

I'm a 'libtard'
Jul 5, 2008
sohantanna.com
So I made a new adwords account yday (because I buggered my old one) and I got some QS 7-8s off the bat (but they dropped to 7 this morning). I just got new domains, new IPs etc but still my old company and old company name / cards etc.

So after finding some KWs with volume, today everything just stopped. :nopenope: I'm assuming this is a review. So is there any way to speed this up? Last time I called it took a day to get out.

Also, I'm bidding high on this KW to get a good position. How long roughly till it should drop my bids, or I should drop my bids? It's a competitive term. It's not rocking a big ROI at all at these bid prices, but luckily it's not losing money.

Typically talking with them doesn't expedient the review time significantly, so you're only option is waiting that 24 hours. But, scroll over the magnifying glass and tell us what the message says, so we could confirm that it is indeed a review.

You should only start dropping your bids once you have a steady high CTR, meaning above 5%. Once you have that 5% CTR or above, you want to decrease your bids by about 10% daily; so it won't affect your position. If you try to decrease your bid rapidly, then you will lose your position. Luckily you're not losing any money even with your high bids, so just be patient, and you'll make bank quite easily in a week.

Reactions: Sohan
Typically talking with them doesn't expedient the review time significantly, so you're only option is waiting that 24 hours. But, scroll over the magnifying glass and tell us what the message says, so we could confirm that it is indeed a review.

You should only start dropping your bids once you have a steady high CTR, meaning above 5%. Once you have that 5% CTR or above, you want to decrease your bids by about 10% daily; so it won't affect your position. If you try to decrease your bid rapidly, then you will lose your position. Luckily you're not losing any money even with your high bids, so just be patient, and you'll make bank quite easily in a week.
You have reached and exceeded your budget.

but it hasn't met the budget at all.

For the CTR, It's hovering from 3-5% at position 3.

but it hasn't met the budget at all.

For the CTR, It's hovering from 3-5% at position 3.

If it says that, then it is a review.

Good position, with a decent CTR. If I were you, I would still push towards position 1 or 2; as it will increase that CTR of yours; so you're AD would become stronger.

If it says that, then it is a review.

Good position, with a decent CTR. If I were you, I would still push towards position 1 or 2; as it will increase that CTR of yours; so you're AD would become stronger.
So after 2-3 days of a good solid CTR, slowly drop bids by 10%? Is there a floor for the bid drops? IE. Shouldn't go lower than $x.xx ?

For the CTR, It's hovering from 3-5% at position 3
too low get some new ads running to bring it up a bit. should be hitting about 7-10% there at least.

i've been finding recently that when i go in hard like you are my cpc just drops naturally and i don't need to lower my bids at all. its like the rise in qs, fueled by the rising historical ctr, and my now high ctr just let the lower positioned competition fall away opening an artificial "hole" in the bids.

ie the last big keyword i hit i went in at 2.50 - paid 2.12 day 1. day 2-5 saw cpc drop down to about 1.08. at this point i just reset my bid to about 1.70, high enough that it would be a bitch to move me but low enough that i didn't get a nasty surprise if a higher bidder cracked under the pressure and bid below me.

hope that helps.

i should add to any noobs reading this and considering this strategy you better make damn sure you know your campaign is converting first otherwise you're gonna burn some big money fast.

So after 2-3 days of a good solid CTR, slowly drop bids by 10%? Is there a floor for the bid drops? IE. Shouldn't go lower than $x.xx ?

3-4 days is a better time frame.

For me, after every decrease I check my AD position. If I saw that it dropped, I would increase my CPC by 50% of the drop amount, and check again.

So if I were bidding $1.50 a click. I brought it down to $1.35; and noticed a position drop, I would immediately get it back to about $1.42. If the position is still not back, then I would bring it right back to $1.50; and keep it like that for a few days, and work on increasing my CTR.

Would big G penalize me if I set a budget at $500 or so a day, when they can deliver $4-5,000 of clicks a day?
from what i've seen you won't get penalized but the effect is kind of pro-rated so if you're only spending a 10th of the budget it'll take 10 times longer to get the rapid gains.

good tool for scripting/scraping bid management systems:

works nicely because it takes an average of your position over your specified territory and hence does away with the on the fly QS calculation. just add a 15 min delay when you change a bid and alter the "gl" query string for location.

Status
Not open for further replies.