AdWords' rule regarding affiliate links

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeefyChong

May 11, 2007
www.thewebmasterscafe.net
What's Google's rule regarding affiliate links? I mean I know they'll never show more than one ad from multiple advertisers that goes to the same URL.

And what link does Google consider? The affiliate link or the landing page it redirects to?

They will not show more than one ad that has the same display url.

But..... they might give you shit if they don't match. From my experience it depends on the niche and how competitive it is.

If google tells you that your ad is inappropriate, just make a single page sales pitch and throw in your affiliate link 2-3 times, right after a call to action. Why damn, that is called pre-sell, and it will eventually increase your conversions too!

If google tells you that your ad is inappropriate, just make a single page sales pitch and throw in your affiliate link 2-3 times, right after a call to action. Why damn, that is called pre-sell, and it will eventually increase your conversions too!

That's true, but that's also assuming that he has the abilities to generate content that is effective.

After all, who would complete any call to action if the spelling and grammar of the copy is atrocious?

you are both right.

The first part, not displaying more than one ad for the same display URL, is automatic. It's in their algorithim and is enforced automatically every time. The second part, the destination URL is not automatic. It's Google intention not to show multiple ads that all wind up at the same place, so if you are doing a re-direct to avoid duplicating a display URL to get your ad shown, you may get away with it for a while or you may not. This part is more of a manual review process for the big G.

The more content that you have on your landing page and site, the likely that they will not bother you, even if your affiliate links are pointing to the same place as other advertisers.

-Mark

That's true, but that's also assuming that he has the abilities to generate content that is effective.

After all, who would complete any call to action if the spelling and grammar of the copy is atrocious?

If you just throw a big as banner up or use one of the e-mail creatives your good to go.

Well I've teamed up with someone who can write real quality content, no BS, and she's awesome at copy writing. Plus she's into AM as much as I am.

A big thank you for all your suggestions, it's exactly what I was looking for.

So now we are going to :

- Put a blog to maintain real content and get some organic traffic too (not just PPC)
- SEO the shit out of the blog
- Put up a directory so we can plug in affiliate links (this might sound ambiguous as you don't know what niche I am talking about)
- Build some "pre-sell" landing pages to which we'll direct PPC traffic

Yep totally, I am exploiting her all the way. She never thought about that you know, she's really dumb. I always try to keep the work 10/90. AM is so easy, there's not enough work for 2 people of course. That is why 90% of all those who try AM are so successful.

wow sounds like she's doing all the work for you...

I mean look at this thread http://www.wickedfire.com/affiliate...ke-some-fucking-money.html?highlight=bullshit

Wow are they stupid to team up! They must be total newbies.

Now read the title of this thread. Do you think I have the time explain in detail how we split work and all???

Of course we split the work 50/50 you dumbfuck! What would have been the point for me to team up with another developper or SEO expert huh??? And what would have been the point for her to team up with another content writer?

Now what useful information have you bought to this thread? Let's see how useful and relevant your next post will be.
:rolleyes:

You can also do direct linking for some affiliate programs. The company may make their non-branded keywords available for affiliates to run with - especially long tail keywords. That way you don't even have to build out content.

Of course with all of these methods you have to deal with Google's quality score thing. Even if you throw up some content, your quality score will go down if Google determines that it is unoriginal or spammy. Low quality score leads to high min bid - which sucks.

agree with using email creatives for your landing. they look like real website content and should have had some amount of testing by the advertiser.

I mean look at this thread http://www.wickedfire.com/affiliate...ke-some-fucking-money.html?highlight=bullshit

Wow are they stupid to team up! They must be total newbies.

Now read the title of this thread. Do you think I have the time explain in detail how we split work and all???

Of course we split the work 50/50 you dumbfuck! What would have been the point for me to team up with another developper or SEO expert huh??? And what would have been the point for her to team up with another content writer?

Now what useful information have you bought to this thread? Let's see how useful and relevant your next post will be.
:rolleyes:

wow this is wickedfire. who really gives a fuck what anyone says. It's not like I insulted you in any way. if you can't take a simple joke that barely busted your nut then wtf are you even doing here.

and yea to answer your question, I don't think google likes any links that lands on the same url(through redirects) as other links. why did I not post that? cause this has been posted everywhere already.... even in this thread alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.