adwords inconsistencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

int_josh

Nov 12, 2006
one day I get a barrage of traffic

another the traffic barely flows, if at all

what might be causing these hard ups and downs?

Have you analyzed your stats thoroughly? Most often the answer lies in there. Keyword bids, positioning, impressions, etc. Also check your ad copy and see how it stands up to competing ads close to your position.

Download the adwords .csv stats if need be and crunch the numbers in Excel or some other spreadsheet app.

Yeah those are good suggestions but dont you usually hope people arent retarded enough to go through all those solutions? Maybe i just overestimate people

Yeah those are good suggestions but dont you usually hope people arent retarded enough to go through all those solutions? Maybe i just overestimate people

There is nothing too easy or straightforward that Josh can't overlook it.

one day I get a barrage of traffic

This happens to me sometimes too, especially when i use the content network. If i only use the search network, it seems pretty consistant. But i think if you get a really good ctr for that day, your clicks can skyrocket. If you up your bids itll keep it more consitant, give you a better ctr andmore clicks. After a while try lowering it again to see if you can keep the ctr

that's the thing though - there is no reason or rhyme to it at all. Say I run a campaign without any changes, it will randomly send a barrage of impressions/visitors, then it will stop for a few hours upto 12 hours

is this normal or what?

Across all your campaigns? I've had a few occassions where days would drop off significantly, or traffic would go up 1000%. The one time it went way up the average position on the content network went from like 6 or 7 to one. Made a ton of money that day.

so I guess we can conclude that adwords rotates exposure based on ad value (CTR+CPC+quality scores)

in other words the chunk of any particular keywords you're bidding on and your exposure on this keyword will depend on market competition and your overall ad value

Status
Not open for further replies.