Adwords Double Click Referrer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

m0rtal

King of the Jungle
Jul 3, 2007
Toronto
K, pretty much the first time I'm running flash ads on content network so I wonder if that's what's causing this. But basically I'm getting doubleclick as the referrer for the majority (like 95%) of the traffic. Keyword campaigns. Placement is showing a bit more of them.

Pretty sure it's not my tracking software as this has never happened on search nor content (image and text ads). So is this flash related?

Oh, what's also retarted is I am getting keywords?? No idea where they are coming from. So I'll get like "small inflatable widget" url: googleads.g.doubleclick.net

And no, I can't ask Google on this one, it's better they keep their nose out of it.

Not flash related... it looks like they switched ad serving entirely over to doubleclick now. Expect that to be the referrer from now on.

When did this start happening? Can anyone else confirm?

Doesn't really make sense to me. Why would Google not let you track which sites are performing well anymore on the ct network?

If they are looking for extra cash I'm sure they'll lose a lot more this way since people will just turn off whole ad groups if they can't pinpoint which sites to throw out.

Status
Not open for further replies.