Advertising budget what to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

HHOTEK

We make things GREEN
Feb 16, 2009
bostic nc
www.hhotek.com
Im about to dump about 10k into advertising (i know thats not much but its more than we have ever spent before). Not sure which way to go, honestly not a clue. my target demographic is educated 30-45 males. With that said my options are
radio, auto mags, ppc, online banners
any suggestions of which way would be best?
im assuming some of you guys know a little something about advertising being that majority of you are in marketing...

1. Revamp landing page, it's 2009 not 1999.

2. Test the traffic sources you just mentioned and go from there.

you think the landing page is that critical? i built it all myself (im sure thats obvious) but i thought i did alright ...i guess not?

The landing page is pretty important. You do need to make a new page, I felt I was in a time warp when I saw that page. People people will bounce like its hot when they see that page. Update your site then test different sources and see which one converts. Then dump all that money in what works.

Yes the hottech page blows balls. Hire a good web designer and pay him some good cash to make you NOT look like a noobie retard.

Yes the hottech page blows balls. Hire a good web designer and pay him some good cash to make you NOT look like a noobie retard.
i think i have the skills to build it. but lack the creativity to knw what i need to put together

it has improved though check this out HHOTEK On-demand Hydrogen Kits
thats what it looked like a month ago i know sad right .....and we do alot of business..lol not because of a well designed site though

Come on man just hire a real web designer to do it. You will thank your self later.

Come on man just hire a real web designer to do it. You will thank your self later.

the problem with that is i want to be able to edit it later if i build it i can make changes if someone else does im worried i wont be able to
if i could get it built and still be able to edit i would probably do that

anybody wanna recommend someone?

edit: could i get someone to build a custom main page and use it over and over again throughout the entire site? that sounds logical

Uh, yeah. Using a page template over and over is fairly common. There are a quite a few really good web designers here on the forum. Head over to the buy/sell/trade section and try to hire one.

the problem with that is i want to be able to edit it later if i build it i can make changes if someone else does im worried i wont be able to
if i could get it built and still be able to edit i would probably do that

anybody wanna recommend someone?

edit: could i get someone to build a custom main page and use it over and over again throughout the entire site? that sounds logical

you should take a look at xsitepro2 i bought it and vouch for it, you can build awesome sites with it when you get the nack.

Much easier than DM and it doesn't create much bloat either.

Whatever you do, don't start a campign til' you have revamped.

you should take a look at xsitepro2 i bought it and vouch for it, you can build awesome sites with it when you get the nack.

Much easier than DM and it doesn't create much bloat either.

Whatever you do, don't start a campign til' you have revamped.
what do you mean by bloat?

like i said i can do alot of things with dreamweaver but it really comes down to knowing what exactly to do ...when i ask myself what i want the finished product to look like thats something i cant answer and i dont have a clue as to what the correct answer is.

what do you mean by bloat?

like i said i can do alot of things with dreamweaver but it really comes down to knowing what exactly to do ...when i ask myself what i want the finished product to look like thats something i cant answer and i dont have a clue as to what the correct answer is.

The answer is easy, take a look at other sites in your niche and get ideas.

sounds like you need to develop an eye for what looks good... & that's not good!

The answer is easy, take a look at other sites in your niche and get ideas.

sounds like you need to develop an eye for what looks good... & that's not good!
lol look at the other sites in my niche. my site looks better than all that i have seen, as it is now. But thats not sying much most of my so called competition dont have a product that actually works correctly so using them as a base is not a good thing ....

in most niches that would be good advice im sure

im calling it a night guys ....i really appreaciate the advice and criticism kinda cool to find a forum that is not simply full of flammers..

I run various magazines that offer advertising space in Scotland. If that is an area your looking to maybe promote your website then let me know.

dude your design sucks, Denial isnt just a river in egypt, change it and you will get more business. Dont pump 5 dollars let alone 10 k into ads until you get that shit fixed. I made websites like that 13 years ago

Would you let a webdesigner build you an H2 kit? - NO
Can you build a website - Sorry, but NO

There is a lot more to it then look , trust me. Just hire some one good.
Not a kid that downloaded cracked version of DW two weeks ago and replied to your "BUILD ME AN WEBSITE for $200" ad on craigslist.

Yours current site looks like geocities pages, its hard to manage (you open .html in DW to change one word and uploading new version to server, right?), your media files are one big mess. I can go on..

See if you know how to build H2 kit - do it and try to do it better.
Let someone who knows how to build websites do it- you will save time(money).

You are not playing dentist on weekends, are you? Why are you trying to play webdesigner?

Status
Not open for further replies.