Adult .pro domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

xmcp123

Sep 20, 2007
Not Louisiana
www.slightlyshadyseo.com
Hopefully Lord Brar still lingers around here(or someone else who can appraise)...heh. These are kind of a joint venture me and a buddy picked up awhile ago. Regged in his name, but I have a contract for 50%. So let's see if they're worth anything I guess.

handjob.pro
blowjobs.Pro
deepthroat.pro
orgasm.pro

The value of a domain extension depends on how much it is branded to the end-customer -- resulting in the name being memorable (i.e. people not typing in the ccTLD and/or .com). For example, no one in here knows anything about .asia but they all have .co.in (yes, even more than .in -- though it is changing slowly) branded in their minds as it has been used by companies like Yahoo in India.

Pro is an extension which has never put any money into branding the extension to the end users -- and there is a lot of corruption at registry level. We tried and nearly succeeded to get realestate.pro -- however, there was fixing at the registry level.

Good that we didn't get it cos I am yet to see any good aftermarket sale. =) I hope you didn't pay anything above the registry fee for these domains.

The value of a domain extension depends on how much it is branded to the end-customer -- resulting in the name being memorable (i.e. people not typing in the ccTLD and/or .com). For example, no one in here knows anything about .asia but they all have .co.in (yes, even more than .in -- though it is changing slowly) branded in their minds as it has been used by companies like Yahoo in India.

Pro is an extension which has never put any money into branding the extension to the end users -- and there is a lot of corruption at registry level. We tried and nearly succeeded to get realestate.pro -- however, there was fixing at the registry level.

Good that we didn't get it cos I am yet to see any good aftermarket sale. =) I hope you didn't pay anything above the registry fee for these domains.
Nope, didn't pay anything above. Saw a few domains going for a fair amount(and a lot flopping), and figured why the hell not. Domaining isn't my thing though ;) obviously.
Thanks for the response, and glad to have ya back.

Nope, didn't pay anything above. Saw a few domains going for a fair amount(and a lot flopping), and figured why the hell not. Domaining isn't my thing though ;) obviously.

Yup, that's the whole mentality these days with those funky-landrushes -- they don't just want to be left out and invest thousands and thousands in extensions which are doomed from start.

Thanks for the response, and glad to have ya back.

You are welcome. Spent a pretty-wild month in Europe and was bombarded with work when I came back. Still recovering.

Quite frankly the best way to dump it is on the new-boobies -- and sitepoint or digitalpoint is the best place to dump this stuff. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.