Adserver Startup Time

BeerHat

Marketing Machine
Feb 18, 2007
Miami, FL
What is the average time needed to get a campaign going via adserver once you have the landing pages ready and banners all sent?

varies from network to network. i've had buys launched same day and I've had buys that took 5 days to get up and running.

varies from network to network. i've had buys launched same day and I've had buys that took 5 days to get up and running.

That's what I thought, this company keeps telling me its minimum 5 days. Anyway, I'm pretty sure if they wanted to they could launch in a day or two.

PM me your trafficsource.

I don't want to out it, but the owner did a video a loooong time ago on how he started in IM. Maybe you can watch it and figure out who it is.

That's what I thought, this company keeps telling me its minimum 5 days. Anyway, I'm pretty sure if they wanted to they could launch in a day or two.

That's because they are probably selling you re brokered traffic and having to get the campaign approved/set up by all the networks they are going to just buy from and mark up before selling to you.

Reactions: DKPMO
That's because they are probably selling you re brokered traffic and having to get the campaign approved/set up by all the networks they are going to just buy from and mark up before selling to you.

Is there any way to identify and prevent this sort of thing? Aside from seeing the signs described by OP...

+rep for pointing this out.

Is there any way to identify and prevent this sort of thing? Aside from seeing the signs described by OP...

use other traffic sources? Lots of traffic is brokered.

Ask them for a placement list. Check to see if their ad servers are serving ads on said sites.

Generally(in display) any small time ad network(what is that like 30 employees now a days) is going to just broker you remnant crap from bigger/established networks.