Adsense & subdomains

Status
Not open for further replies.

LazyHippy

Apr 9, 2007
I've just had an Adsense violation thing, not sure exactly what the prob is, but guessing it may be as the ads are between the title and content on blog posts.

They said they have disabled serving ads to the site - ok, fine. On checking though, not only have they blocked that site (on a subdomain) but also other subdomains of that domain.

Seems a bit cuntish to me.

They said they have disabled serving ads to the site - ok, fine. On checking though, not only have they blocked that site (on a subdomain) but also other subdomains of that domain

I'd chill for a while (put adbrite or something for a while) and wait till they pay next month.

Because you're getting a slap on the wrist. Adsense like Amazon doesn't give warnings. they fuck you over and keep all your money.

I've just had an Adsense violation thing, not sure exactly what the prob is, but guessing it may be as the ads are between the title and content on blog posts.

Why would that violate the terms?

It might just be some ass clicking the heck out of you. I reported 100+ clicks once in 10 minutes to Google trying to be proactive -- ie I noticed this in my tracking software, but I sure didn't do it.

They thanked me for letting me know - and then 3 days later I got booted :)

Why would that violate the terms?

It might just be some ass clicking the heck out of you. I reported 100+ clicks once in 10 minutes to Google trying to be proactive -- ie I noticed this in my tracking software, but I sure didn't do it.

They thanked me for letting me know - and then 3 days later I got booted :)

It didn't mention click fraud, and no excessive clicks are showing.

While reviewing your account, we noticed that you are currently displaying Google ads in a way that does not comply with our policies. For instance, we found violations of AdSense policies on pages such as [url to a single post]

Publishers are not permitted to encourage users to click on Google ads or bring excessive attention to ad units. For example, your site cannot contain phrases such as "click the ads," "support our sponsors," "visit these recommended links," or other similar language that could apply to the Google ads on your site. Publishers may not use symbols or misleading images that direct attention to the ads on their sites, and publishers may not label the Google ads with text other than "sponsored links" or "advertisements."

As a result, we have disabled ad serving to the site.

Since I posted this I did a bit of searching and although I can't find anything specific, another potential problem could be that I had a text-link-ads ad on there. I'm referring publishers, not selling links but Google still prob won't like it.

Also, I've got the Amazon thing that creates links (can't remember what they call it), but Adsense don't like other contextual ads so could be that although I've seen Adsense with other contextual link type ads all over the place.

Why can't they just tell ya? Surely it wouldn't take much longer for the reviewer to let ya know what the problem is then I could get it sorted quicker and make them (& me) more money.

Status
Not open for further replies.