Adsense Integration

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'd put Google Adlinks right above your current Adsense to make it look like nav links. Then I'd take your existing nav links (the ones right above the Adsense now) and put them in the right column. Also consider putting a block at the bottom of your blog.

Yeah.. nothing beats Wordpress I tell ya!

If I were you, I'd get rid of the top Adsense banner and stick it underneath each of the first 3 or 4 blog posts. You want to get it underneath the content, not on top of it. You'll see a rise in your CTR too. I'm not sure if you'll make lots more money, just because the keyword topic seems fairly cheap compared to others, but hey, money is money!

Cool site, nice work with the skin. I purchased www.revolutionforums.org but Nintendo went and changed their dang console name so I stopped developing it. Yeah, WordPress rocks. phpBB forums, however - well - it's been getting hit with a majority of spam^. Maybe there are filters for this..

Good luck with the site! I think it's got great potential :) Just keep posting and I think the ads are perfect where they are.

Jon said:
Yeah.. nothing beats Wordpress I tell ya!

If I were you, I'd get rid of the top Adsense banner and stick it underneath each of the first 3 or 4 blog posts. You want to get it underneath the content, not on top of it. You'll see a rise in your CTR too. I'm not sure if you'll make lots more money, just because the keyword topic seems fairly cheap compared to others, but hey, money is money!

no advice on this forum can be better than Jon's, so I'd follow his lead and place it underneath the content.

personally this made me feel pretty good because I took the same exact approach on one of my own sites, now I know it was the right thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.