AdSense arbitrage and the ToS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troutnut

Sep 1, 2006
I've been thinking of giving PPC arbitrage a try sometime, but I'm hesitant. The AdSense program policies say:

No Google ad may be placed on pages published specifically for the purpose of showing ads, whether or not the page content is relevant.

That seems to be a prohibition of PPC arbitrage with AdSense.

AdSense is the primary source of income for my real content site, a several-year time investment, and I won't dare risking a ban for some short-term arbitrage profit, even if the risk is very minute. My real interest is in building that site (and the offline perks that come with creating a quality resource) but I'd like to try arbitrage.

Do those of you doing arbitrage pretty much just hope you fly under Google's radar and don't get caught? (Pretty likely you're right.) Or have you found a loophole in Google's rules that let you operate safely? Or are you just using a different PPC network?

That statement is open to very broad interpretation. Basically if you ever made a page on your website to make money from it using Adsense you've broken the rules.

Yes,..it is very open to interpretation. I think, though, in general, it should be safe to do arbitrage. but then again maybe dont trust me because Google can theoretically ban you(actually Google can ban you for pretty much any reason they want). However, i think arbitrage pulls in a lot for Google and to destroy it would seem to be pure folly for them. There are plenty of arbitrage ppl playing even on Adwords so if Google wanted to do something, they probably would've and it would be a pretty big issue. so i think it is pretty safe for now at least...a year later,..who knows

Troutnut said:
I've been thinking of giving PPC arbitrage a try sometime, but I'm hesitant. The AdSense program policies say:

That seems to be a prohibition of PPC arbitrage with AdSense.

AdSense is the primary source of income for my real content site, a several-year time investment, and I won't dare risking a ban for some short-term arbitrage profit, even if the risk is very minute. My real interest is in building that site (and the offline perks that come with creating a quality resource) but I'd like to try arbitrage.

Do those of you doing arbitrage pretty much just hope you fly under Google's radar and don't get caught? (Pretty likely you're right.) Or have you found a loophole in Google's rules that let you operate safely? Or are you just using a different PPC network?

My advise : GIVE UP !!! DON't DO PPC Arbitrage.
Stick to Real Content. AnOther 10yrs down the Road, you will get Rich!

:pimp:

pearz, nice use of colors=D. i guess i agree with you and i dont really want to debate, but as an arbi fan, i will suggest troutnut to sieze the day! "carpe diem"! in 10 years you might be 9years and 3 months in the grave already! sieze the day...go out and play? now way...do arbitray! you know you like that=D

or you can do real content...boo=D

Worst case scenario: your AdSense account gets banned

It's really not that hard, or expensive, to set up an LLC and get a new account.

Status
Not open for further replies.