Admin Staff

Sh@rk

Nov 20, 2011
Does anyone have any experience in the running cost of administrative staff? particularly in the UK. This is for my property maintenance company, we have a government contract up North in Scotland with an employee there who works from home, gets materials delivered to his house etc so we don't need to travel to him, however he does take quite a bit of managing day to day.

We are getting really busy just now and I find myself on my phone 40-50% of the day, sometimes more, wither that be dishing out jobs through the day as they come in via email or just talking on the phone. Along with managing all of this, working 10-12 hours a day doing manual/technical work, coming home doing paperwork and invoices for two hours, then spending more time on WF posting gay help me threads, I'm pretty much left with no time to myself at all.

I'm toying with the idea but have slight fears of handing over the reigns to someone else just incase they make a fuck up and upset clients, miss jobs to invoice, forget shit etc etc.

I'm interested to find out if you have any experience in hiring a real life come to your office man/women to do this shit for you and how much you should be paying them to be good.

Much love, many thanks, wow.

VXTN2W3.gif

MFW When you find that perfect gif - but someone beats you to posting it in the perfect thread you've been waiting on...

eT40aQ0.gif

What a shame. HMU if you want a script made for WF to notify you when a thread comes up with more than 500 words, never be the second person to shitpost again! For extra I can make it so that it automatically replies with a pre-written response so you can automate your shitposting. This is a very exclusive offer so get it while it lasts folks.

This is very vague. I'm guessing you offer a general handy-man service for a housing authority? I have no experience with govt but have dealt with maintenance contracts in the past. Before you think about hiring anybody you need to be able to clearly define your workflow on the backend. E.g.

Job raised -> Call out scheduled -> Materials (if known) ordered -> Contractor onsite -> Invoice raised

There are lots of software solutions for this which would probably be overkill for one employee, but a CRM/notes system and calendar would help. Issue an order number against jobs raised so information is easily accessible by appropriate parties.

In answer to your question: An appropriate salary would be somewhere between £13,000-£18,000 for helpdesk/basic admin imo.

We are getting really busy just now and I find myself on my phone 40-50% of the day, sometimes more, wither that be dishing out jobs through the day as they come in via email or just talking on the phone. Along with managing all of this, working 10-12 hours a day doing manual/technical work, coming home doing paperwork and invoices for two hours, then spending more time on WF posting gay help me threads, I'm pretty much left with no time to myself at all.

Welcome to Entrepreneurship. I haven't seen my wife since October.

Hire a fat chick to run your admin. Much harder workers from the chair, more reliable b/c they never have plans or pull all-nighters and they bring zero relationship drama to the office.

edit: post 227
jmxMKAs.jpg

Hire a fat chick to run your admin. Much harder workers from the chair, more reliable b/c they never have plans or pull all-nighters and they bring zero relationship drama to the office.

edit: post 227
jmxMKAs.jpg

This is probably the best advice I've received this year.