Addon Domains

AllBizNiz

Living The Dream
Oct 27, 2009
Ohio
I've got a folder called _sites under my root folder on my shared hosting. When the spiders come to index m site, will it drill all the way down into all of my other addon domains? Should I exclude that folder from my "main" site with the robots file?

Edit: Hotlink fail! I checked these friggin links too! BE right back with some goods

miriams-beautiful-46b24.jpg

Last edited:

I have about 15 sites all as addons and never had nay problems with the indexing if you point out the domains to it.

But hey I think it wont be a bad idea to do a good robot files, but never have had it happened to me.

I think they will only index as far as the domain, so if the root folder is not found by your add on domains you are all good.

unless there are links to them there's no way google could find them to index them

^
You sure about that? One of my hosting accounts has my local web design website and a shit ton of my local lead gen sites/client sites hosted it on as add-on domains. Brand new sites get indexed (and ranked, sometimes) without me pushing a single link.

No interlinking between most of the sites, either.

Google finds sites lots of ways other than following links - 99% of the time they will find and spider your site without you having to do anything other than register the domain.

To answer your question, getting your site indexed has nothing to do with google "drilling down" to the __sites directory. They simply index the pages that your domain resolves to like any other site. No extra or special steps needed.