adderall

Status
Not open for further replies.

int_josh

Nov 12, 2006
ok so I've been doing this affiliate marketing and one thing I realized is that there is a tremendous amount of boring, routine, copy/paste work.

I have add/adhd and it's unbearably hard to do this monkey work, have any of you with adhd tried adderall for this monkey work? did it help? i'm considering visiting the doc again

I have add, make scripts for everything
selenium ide works well for quick stuff, then learn php or perl and get some stuff automated.
check out different stuff on addons.mozilla.org to help with productivity.

Pshhhhh.... just go get a prescription for adderall. Itll make you superman.

THEN you will have the patience to write scripts to do that stuff for you.

Adderall worked wonders for me the first few times i used it. I developed a quick tolerance to it and decided against keeping my prescription. However, if I knew i was in a tight bind and needed to crank out some quality work, i know that i'd consider popping a couple adderall.

I'm pretty vocal about the fact that I have ADHD and use Adderall. It's great, but if you take it too late in the day it keeps you awake, and it will also kill your appetite, so eat a lot before you take it. Other than that it's the most amazing stuff in the world, and helps me get shit done instead of procrastinating. If you have an addiction habit or addictive personality type, I'd tell ya to find an alternative. I just wish I would have found out about it in HS, probably would have done more work and cared a lot more too.

I'm pretty vocal about the fact that I have ADHD and use Adderall. It's great, but if you take it too late in the day it keeps you awake, and it will also kill your appetite, so eat a lot before you take it. Other than that it's the most amazing stuff in the world, and helps me get shit done instead of procrastinating. If you have an addiction habit or addictive personality type, I'd tell ya to find an alternative. I just wish I would have found out about it in HS, probably would have done more work and cared a lot more too.
mabye ill have to give it a try, it was banned by the ncaa I think so I never took it.

You may have ended up at a white-collar 9-5 gig for life.

yeah add/adhd is awesome. It's like thinking 1000 times faster than a normal person does. I see everything, I understand everything from 10 different perspectives all in real time.

It gives you tremendous advantage, because you're able to project, invision and plan like no other.

However, when it comes down to the actual work, your awesome mind becomes your adversary, because you're trying to focus on one task and it keeps putting out all those new ideas, directions and insights in real time and before you know it you're researching into some new project lol...

However, when it comes down to the actual work, your awesome mind becomes your adversary, because you're trying to focus on one task and it keeps putting out all those new ideas, directions and insights in real time and before you know it you're researching into some new project lol...

That's the story of my motivation. I'll pour myself into a single project for a week.....over engineer the hell out of it. Then, a few days later, that's on the back burner because theres always something new.

yeah add/adhd is awesome. It's like thinking 1000 times faster than a normal person does. I see everything, I understand everything from 10 different perspectives all in real time.

It gives you tremendous advantage, because you're able to project, invision and plan like no other.

Outstanding description of ADD. Although 1000x faster might be a slight Exaggeration :)

Status
Not open for further replies.