Acrophobiacs (Arachnophobes) beware

Status
Not open for further replies.

m0rtal

King of the Jungle
Jul 3, 2007
Toronto
Just found this guy amongst our tomato plants. Pic came out pretty good, but it's so creepy looking heh.

spiderqd5.jpg

Acrophobics = people afraid to open a PDF?

Spiders do scare the crap out of me, but I live in a country where almost every native animal is amazingly venomous, and likes to hide under shit and jump at you (Funnel Webs, anyone?).

mortal: If it's the size of a pinky nail (micro SD slot it?) I'd be willing to bet it's pretty harmless and can only help keep the "tomato" plants healthy and clean of parasites.
But that's a really nice clean shot. If you've got some super hi-res version, sell it to some stock photography websites. Good macro shots fetch decent money if it's a once off payment. I occasionally still get a small trickle coming in from a praying mantis I put up on iStockPhoto

Acrophobics = people afraid to open a PDF?
... and can only help keep the "tomato" plants healthy and clean of parasites.
Yeah, that's what I've read...Last year actually there were some little white flies that pretty much found a new home for a while and were ruining shit. There didn't seem to be any spiders around, lucky bastards.

But that's a really nice clean shot. If you've got some super hi-res version, sell it to some stock photography websites. Good macro shots fetch decent money if it's a once off payment. I occasionally still get a small trickle coming in from a praying mantis I put up on iStockPhoto
No super hi res version, just took it with a regular 7mp digi. I checked istock and it seems like a pain in the ass over one photo + their spiders don't seem to get a lot of downloads. If someone wants to try and bank off this knock yourself out.

I like spiders...they keep your garden/home relatively pest free...and they recycle their webs by eating them after setting them up to catch prey. But then again i'm a macabre bastard so i can see why ppl would be afraid. Also i've never been subjected to the venomous kind so i might not like those too well

Status
Not open for further replies.