ACH Network Suggestion

goddfadda

Pasta Eatin Mofo
Dec 1, 2007
I am amazed at the amount of networks that don't support ACH (direct) deposits. I'm curious why that is. Is there a huge up-front expense to support ACH? Is there some security issue or issue with huge deposits? Or does ACH cost the network for each deposit?

While not all banks charge for wires, most of them do at some point. Not to mention, wires on some bank statements don't show who the wire is from for a few days.

Bottom line - ACH is free (for the affiliate) and fast. Networks should jump on this. Out of the 6 or so networks I work with, only one does ACH.

for some reason my ACH payments take up to 24 hours for my bank. I love wire payments as I usually get them almost instantly.

I think the reason why some don't do just ACH is because ACH may take a day or two. And since we are in the cash flow business. We need the money instantly so wires are pretty instant. Now i don't know why they don't have an option to do both maybe its too much work or what not.

But if you hold a business checking account with bank of america and pay something like $30 a month. You get free incoming wires. Im sure most banks do something like that. So if you are getting a couple wires a week it is well with the fee.

Agreed. We offer ACH (for USA affiliates only). We also offer payment by cheque, wire, paypal, moneybookers and epassporte, and we've offered those methods for much longer than ACH.

I have noticed that the transition of affiliates over to ACH has been pretty slow, so I think it's mostly just a matter of people being comfortable with the payment method they have. But once it is set up, it's very fast.

ACH's cost me as like 25c or something along those lines. Wires cost me 15.00. International Wires cost me 22.50.

I perfer to use wires when I send affiliates money because they are instant, and if there is a problem we can figure it out within 2-3 hours. When you have to wait on an ACH, it may not get in - there may be a problem, a whole slew of issues could arrise.

I get ACH's from Azoogle right now. I love it. One of the only companies thats 100% on time every time.

If I'm not mistaken, not all banks support it, and it's only available to banks within the US. So Canadian networks that issue payments from their domestic banks cannot send via ACH.

We've issued ACH from a Canadian bank to US affiliates without any problems. The biggest issue with ACH is what Cut pointed out above... If you don't have the cashflow to support your business, checks are much better since they take time for transit as well as for processing. Once you issue an ACH, that money is gone, so you lose at least 5-7 business days.

We've issued ACH from a Canadian bank to US affiliates without any problems. The biggest issue with ACH is what Cut pointed out above... If you don't have the cashflow to support your business, checks are much better since they take time for transit as well as for processing. Once you issue an ACH, that money is gone, so you lose at least 5-7 business days.

Strange, when I had to get paid by a Canadian Network, they told me that Canadian banks don't support ACH. But the network was nice enough to set up a US bank, and get me the ACH. Props to YepRevenue.

When we send ACH payments, I actually prefer it over wires because its cheaper on both ends for us and the affiliate. It's relatively easy to setup too. As the affiliate you should be aware that some banks like BOA have 2 different routing numbers (1 for ACH and 1 for wire) so check with your bank before you give your bank details to your network.

I prefer ACH btw neverblue, Azoogle, Maxbounty and hydra sends ACH BUT Very unfortunately ads4dough.com does NOT sends ACH, what happend smaxor?

From the network end, ACH payments are much simpler to work with that wires. Bank wires require much more information from the payee than ACH payments. Wires still need manual processing by someone at the bank, which can sometimes lead to mistakes and/or the need to resend the info. The higher cost of wires also makes it prohibitive to send electronic payments to low volume affiliates, which sucks because they can sometimes have the same cashflow issues as larger affiliates and want rapid payments.

So yeah, ACH all the way for me.

That, or e-gold. :)

I get ACH's from Azoogle right now. I love it. One of the only companies thats 100% on time every time.

Except when there is a holiday in Canada! lol, those lazy Canadians.

In all seriousness, azoogle has the best payments in the industry. Flawless

Strange, when I had to get paid by a Canadian Network, they told me that Canadian banks don't support ACH. But the network was nice enough to set up a US bank, and get me the ACH. Props to YepRevenue.

My pleasure bro.

BTW hit me up on AIM.

And yes being in Canada and being a company owner, I have to admit I NEVER heard of ACH until Grunin had mentioned he needed it ... heh ... not too obvious for us Canadians ... I mean shit I've sent 1000s of wires ... never ACH until recently