A Way To Make Static On-Site Search Results Pages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjb1891

Mar 12, 2007
Does anyone know if you can make search results pages that your visitors created into static pages on your site?

For example, if I have a visitor to my site do a search for "blue widgets" in a Google search box that I have on my site can I make that search results page into a static page on my site?

Would I just have to upload the URL to my hosting account and link to that page from somewhere on the site?

I was just thinking that it would be a good way to get additional content on a site. What do you guys/gals think?

Hmm, you specified [em]google[/em] search box.

If you had a home-grown search box, I'd say that this is a no brainer, but you'd want to just use a link to the results, something like ...

href=/search.php?words=your+search+here

You could copy this search query from the url when you do a search and paste it into any link.

But with the google search box... yeah, you could probably do that, and you'd get some more content, but I'm not convinced that it would be valuable. But you have the right idea, do the search manually, create a html file with that info, link to it and upload your changes.

Argh01 is of course right. Using google means you can't automate anything...

BUT since google will show you the "top searches" you could log in every so often.
Then you'd have what people are most searching for,and you could manually make landing pages for.

I thought it would be good for long tail keyword content since I see some pretty obscure phrases that people use that I wouldn't want to go out of the way to create an actual content page for.

I'm not saying it wouldn't be, although it might be useful to make whatever page they land on from those searches more .... money oriented. You know, put up a big splash ad or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.