A strange place in the desert

bomcha

Jan 16, 2011
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otIU6Py4K_A"]YouTube - The Accidental Sea[/ame]

Reactions: barman

very very cool film.

this kind of shit fascinates me. There's this new show on Discovery called "Off Limits" that's worth watching if creepy American history is your thing

Very creppy video. I already knew about the salton sea from other shows but ive never seen it like this, or about the nut job and his paint/garbage mountain.

Side note there was an episode of No Reservations with Anthony Bourdain and they went to the Salton Sea. There are still people living there dispite most of it gone to shit. They like the 'ocean front' feel to the area, you can't go near the water, but it still has the look and breezes, waves, etc. I believe the government was trying to kick them all out.

Very creppy video. I already knew about the salton sea from other shows but ive never seen it like this, or about the nut job and his paint/garbage mountain.

Regarding said "nut job": I find it fascinating that a man with nothing, or what I perceive as nothing, has clung onto a sense of purpose and built something larger than life.

Very cool video. Thanks Bomcha!

I hate the line right at the end.

He should have said Hawking instead of God.

Cool film tho.

ja i've seen ads for "Off limits" I'll check it out. This guy is an aspiring documentarian, he has a few other cool vids.