A guy at the dog park threatened to kick my ass today...

transistor

Sep 30, 2007
His dog was dragging my puppy around by his neck and then bit his ear and shook like he was trying to rip it off. My puppy was crying, so I went over and pushed his dog off. The dog kept lunging towards my puppy, so I pushed him away with my foot a few times. His owner finally came over and said "if you kick my dog again, I'll kick your ass". He was like a foot taller than me, so I'm sure he could. But anyway, that was irritating. I hate the dog park.

His dog was dragging my puppy around by his neck and then bit his ear and shook like he was trying to rip it off. My puppy was crying, so I went over and pushed his dog off. The dog kept lunging towards my puppy, so I pushed him away with my foot a few times. His owner finally came over and said "if you kick my dog again, I'll kick your ass". He was like a foot taller than me, so I'm sure he could. But anyway, that was irritating. I hate the dog park.

Like owner, like dog.

Seriously, though, take fighting classes. Annoy the next prick until he assaults you. Self-defense.

Everyone who fights learned from somewhere. Talk about a cheap and quick way to raise your self-esteem when one needs it.

Sounds like you showed some strong restraint in not booting the other dog in the face until it fucked off.

It's what owning a pet is all about, unconditional love.

I should mention that the guy was probably like 45 years old, so I may have had a chance in a fight...

I felt like a dick "kicking" his dog, but he wasn't being responsible for him. He claimed they were just playing. I've been going to the dog park for months and I've never seen a dog play that violently.

You did the right thing. Respond, "if your dog attacks my puppy one more time, I will break this stick in half and beat it to death. If you touch me, I will do the same to you." Don't flinch and he'll back down.

Because getting your ass kicked and/or pussing out were your only options.

Next time get in the guy's face and tell him to get a hold of his shitty dog or you'll call animal control + cops and have it put down.

your dog must have said something to the other dog in their secret language...
tumblr_lwn8apy6M71r1lagso1_500.jpg

I had this exact same scenario happen to me a few weeks ago, except when he said "kick my dog again and I'll kick your ass" I told him "do you really want me to fuck up you AND your dog in front of these twenty people, all because you're an irresponsible dog owner?" Dude left promptly.

hahaha @ taking age as any indicator in a fight.

Guy was a foot taller than you, looking for a fight (so probably confident he can win) and you know nothing about his fighting experience / training.

But he was "old", so you could take him?

::emp::