A few WP questions

nat3r

May 17, 2009
East Coast and Mid West
not like stupid advanced, but what aspects of CSS should i learn for better page building?

and where can i find theory of how Meta-tags and H1/Body affect SERPS

im thinking about setting up some SEO sites but i hate doing things without knowing the exact repercussions certain site sections have...as all the SEO things i've been reading are like

"MAKE THE TITLE UR KEYWURD AND WRITE UR KEYWURD IN UR BODY ALOT"

and

"MAKE SURE U HAVE GOOD CONTENT AND INSTALL THE SEO PLUGIN AND U R GOOD"

anyways, any tips on how those affect anything would be nice

Here's the basic SEO things that will help you

1.permalinks that are already mentioned above
2.Keyword in domain - Good, but not necessary.
3.Good title with main keyword.
4.h1 match the main keyword in your title. Follow it up with an h2 and it works even better.
5.Build a Sitemap
6.Bold the keyword throughout the body.

Also make sure the load time of your site is ok. Google weights this on its Adwords so I assume the same can be applied to its SERPS as well.

5.Link Building is the most important process of SEO. On Page SEO will only take you so far.

It's important to make this seem as natural as possible. Build your keyword list and rotate the Anchor text. I also get links from both Dofollow and Nofollow. Just remember your back links are probably one of the most important pieces of your SEO puzzle.

There's a shit ton of people that only focus on the on page SEO. Once they have done all of that, they just sit their with their thumb up their asses wondering when the goog is going to send them to a #1 position.

Unless you have a niche that's not saturated, you're going to have to put a little back link work in there to get some results.

Here's the basic SEO things that will help you

1.permalinks that are already mentioned above
2.Keyword in domain - Good, but not necessary.
3.Good title with main keyword.
4.h1 match the main keyword in your title. Follow it up with an h2 and it works even better.
5.Build a Sitemap
6.Bold the keyword throughout the body.

Also make sure the load time of your site is ok. Google weights this on its Adwords so I assume the same can be applied to its SERPS as well.

5.Link Building is the most important process of SEO. On Page SEO will only take you so far.

It's important to make this seem as natural as possible. Build your keyword list and rotate the Anchor text. I also get links from both Dofollow and Nofollow. Just remember your back links are probably one of the most important pieces of your SEO puzzle.

There's a shit ton of people that only focus on the on page SEO. Once they have done all of that, they just sit their with their thumb up their asses wondering when the goog is going to send them to a #1 position.

Unless you have a niche that's not saturated, you're going to have to put a little back link work in there to get some results.

thats all fine and dandy but i know NOTHING about "dofollow" and "nofollow" and anchor text and all that.

thats all fine and dandy but i know NOTHING about "dofollow" and "nofollow" and anchor text and all that.

You want to make sure you use your keyword in the anchor text, but you also want to use variations so that your link building looks more natural. As far as nofollow & dofollow, you want to make sure you have both in your link profile, again, this is to make sure your linking efforts appear natural. A site or page that ONLY has dofollow links pointing to it wouldn't appear natural. All in all, the main point to take away if you're doing backlink campaigns is to vary things up a bit so that nothing appears calculated. Aim for quality links, but don't discount quantity of links either. Oh, and don't fire a shit ton of links at your new site, ramp it up to mimic a natural build of traffic to your site.