A Few Simple Questions

ealsop

The Sponge
Jul 31, 2011
Winnipeg MB
Hey Everyone,
My name is Eric and I am fairly new to online market development. I have a few friends that are currently managing their own sites and do not have a real job. This is where I aspire to be within the next few years. I am cuurently trying to start my own site and learn the ins and out of SEO and different methods of marketing. I understand this isnt a get rich quick scheme and it takes time to become successful.

Any insights on how to at least get my foot in the door to begin "learning by doing" would be greatly appreciated, as well as some links to put me in the right direction.

Thank you very much.

Idiot.

Get your ass over to the newb section and don't bother asking any questions before reading all of the stickies there AND all the stickies in the other sections.

I am going easy on you, normally people making introduction threads get banned right away (oh yeah, read the fucking forum rules, dickhead)

After you read all that, go here -> Newbie guide to quick earnings

::emp::

if you want to do seo, it is simple for beginners

-find a niche
-set up hosting, buy a domain name
-write 10-20 articles 500-1000words and put it on your site
- build backlinks like hell to 1-2 articles targeting 1-2 keywords at a time
-after your 1-2 keywords are ranking, target other keywords
-do it until you feel like you have maximized your earnings for that site and you have more than 50% of the keywords ranking in top 5 positions
-use that money to outsource and create a new site following the same steps

keyword research, how to build backlinks, you will naturally learn about it yourself.. once you have managed to rank a site by yourself, you will know what kind of competition you can beat.. and what kind you should avoid.. especially when you are just starting out

People might shoot me for this but I find that for newbs, it would be good to buy Andrew Hanson course in which it guides you on how to do keyword research, onpage & offpage seo etc. which covers almost all areas of SEO.

But of course that is many free information online which is equally good but they are often all over the web and it takes a lot of time to find them. If I were you, I would definitely invest in a course to learn the basics and then refined the material to suit my taste.

Hey man!

Get some quality backlinks, go crazy over social sites and promote your site as much as you can on social bookmarking ones including twitter and facebook. You can even make youtube videos and dedicate a whole channel about your site. The standard promotional methods apply to 95% of cases so read as much as you can about promotion and all that.

Eric , first of all you need regarding becoming sucessful in online marketing is investment , you need to earn 1st in online providing some simple services ..then dont spend the money earned , just invest..you can be successful may be in 2 years..

Eric , first of all you need regarding becoming sucessful in online marketing is investment , you need to earn 1st in online providing some simple services ..then dont spend the money earned , just invest..you can be successful may be in 2 years..

This is absolutely false. What you really need is time and focus.

As some of the other posters have suggested, just get stuck in and learn by doing.
Keyword research is a really important step. Read up on this.

Register a domain, sign-up for web hosting, install wordpress and start building out a site. You'll find plenty of helpful hints.

Manually learn how to build backlinks for your site.

Keep notes of everything you do and what (if any) effect it has. Learn for your next project.

Outline a plan (SEO/PPC for traffic , Contextual Ads/Products/Affiliate for monetization, etc.). Choose something one. Stick to it. Improve your method once you start understanding the basics.

And don't treat this like a hobby. You won't make anything with such attitude. : )

(and there are some big players out there who will say that if you can't earn 100k a month in under half a year - you are still a newbie. Although these are usually multimillionaires with their own supermastermind or something. )

5w45.jpg

Hey Everyone,
I have a few friends that are currently managing their own sites and do not have a real job.

Any insights on how to at least get my foot in the door.

Read what you wrote. Your friends are a great place to start. You will probably get enough help from them in an hour to keep you busy for a week.

FYI IM is a real job.