A domain I need as invalid whois, can I report then snatch it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesH

Jun 25, 2006
So I found a domain that I really need (yes need, not want) and it has obviously incorrect whois data. Can I report it (and how?), then take it from the guy? Yes its shady and an asshole move, but I'm willing to do it just for this one domain. What options do I have?

Oh yea, it has a shitty site that hasn't been touched in years. The guy doesn't answer his email. He probably has the domain on re-reg so i'll never get it unless his credit card stops working. Fuck.

You have a point about the re-reg issue James; a lot of people seem to sit on cherry domains and do nothing with them for years, then the damn things open up out of the blue (guy dies, credit card number changes etc.) But be careful who you piss off you know? Some people might respond poorly to that kind of behaviour.

Frank

doesn't look good

Going through the same problem (see HERE and HERE), even got godaddy to cancel and suspend, but Godaddy will hold indefinetly. They also REFUSE to give any answers or info as to how long it will sit suspended. SO annoying.

Good luck, let me know if anything happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.