Status
Not open for further replies.

geniosity

Oct 19, 2006
South Africa
www.geniosity.co.za
Hi,

I have 2 questions:

1 - How do I prove I'm on a "semi dedicated hosting".

I'd just like to know that I'm not paying 5 times more for my hosting but my hosting hasn't really upgraded me. They said that they're not using VPS because it's slower than semi-dedicated hosting, but I have no idea how to confirm it.

2 - How can I see how many sites on my server

Related to the above question, I've seen that in general, there are only around 10 sites on semi-dedicated servers. So I'd like to see how many other sites are being hosted on the same server.

I did an "ip:123.123.123.123" (obviously using my site's IP) search in MSN, and it returns around 7000 results.

Would they all be on the same server? Or can you point an IP to multiple servers (like you can have multiple IPs being used on 1 server).

I hope these questions make sense.

thanks.

if you're on a clustered server it can show up thousands of sites, they're basically using the same IP to serve sites hosted on several servers to grant a better uptime and reliability

you can try to check with myIPneighbors.com Reverse IP Domain Check DNS Tool but I don't know how reliable it is, nor if this is a way to see all the sites on the server

Status
Not open for further replies.