.99 Cent .Info at GoDaddy with Free Privacy

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeiouy

Sep 5, 2006
GoDaddy has .99 cent .info domains and if you get at least 3 they all get free privacy.

I just purchased another 3,000 domains from them on this deal. Going to keep adding more, but only because of that investment thing I wrote about on my blog today. Otherwise I wouldn't care much. They also renew at $0.99 so it's ideal.

lol i couldnt imagine buying that many domains, what do you do, buy keywords or something?

I mean, for seo purposes? Or to try and resell?

The total price for a domain came out at $1.21 for me, i think they stick the icann fee on top or something.

Are the renewals only 0.99c? in the checkout it says recurring but then again on the price list it says $9 or $10 a year to renew unless you register loads in bulk. Also if you try to register the .info for more than 1 year it comes out at about $10 extra per extra year.

Also note is that godady are doing a special if you are buying 3 domains you get free whois privacy protetion. So if you buy a .com and two .infos it works out cheaper than buying one .com and then additional privacy protection.
Then again you could go to namecheap and get free privacy on the .com.

Renewals are much more; the 99c price is a 1-year promotion wherein your first year is that price. Then they expect you to register a domain that you want to keep, and they make their money from there on in.

Bluesaga: I have about 10,000 domain names that I am holding onto for investment purposes. Its not all that uncommon ;)

Jason

DomainRealty, so why? Simply hope to make the $60k+ in domain sales in a year? To offset the register bills?

Godaddy? lol, I would stay away from them at all cost, especially if you’re into blackhat. I heard they fine people $200 per spam complaint if someone reports your site. In my opinion, they are worst than registerfly and we all know who bad registerfly is. Only reason I would think of someone registering 3000+ domains is for blackhat purposes. All I have to say is be careful

Godaddy? lol, I would stay away from them at all cost, especially if you’re into blackhat. I heard they fine people $200 per spam complaint if someone reports your site. In my opinion, they are worst than registerfly and we all know who bad registerfly is. Only reason I would think of someone registering 3000+ domains is for blackhat purposes. All I have to say is be careful

I have heard some horror stories about godaddy but they are bound to have a few due to the amount of domains they register. Which registrar would you recomend?

3000+ domains can be registered for legitimate purposes...why would you assume otherwise?

Jason

I agree, it can. But people usually register 3000+ .INFO domains for blackhat. that's just my take on it cause i have experience in it. If you are registering that many domains for investment purposes, why pick .info domains? Sorry, dont take it personally. I was just trying to warn you just incase you were planning on doing blackhat things with them. i would stay away from godaddy even if your doing whitehat.

I have heard some horror stories about godaddy but they are bound to have a few due to the amount of domains they register. Which registrar would you recomend?
I like namecheap.com a lot.

Last edited:
I don't take it personally, thank you for your concern. However, .INFO names are great for keywords and will balloon in value in the months to come :)

Jason

Especially if registrars keep running $0.99 offers like this.

It's crazy to see how often the .info version is taken nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.