99 cent domains..

I pay 10.00 a year for my one domain through them. I never got a deal. Maybe if I complain they can knock mine down to a dollar too? Maybe I can sell it to them for 50 bucks and make a small profit. :D

Yeah but they charge $9.99 to push the domain to someone else, so if you are planning on flipping it then you may as well register for $8 at godaddy and they will push it for free.

I can't say that I have ever used 1 and 1 and to be honest I have heard more negative reviews than good, but this offer could be good for people who plan to keep the domain.

Still, thanks for sharing this. 99c is cheap!

Oh, well I'm a newbie to all of this really, so I couldn't have known. Plus, my ex-wife bought the domain for me, because I had no clue about this stuff. I guess it's a good thing she's the ex. :thumbsup:

I've also heard some negative things about 1 and 1. Whether it's from 1 and 1 or somewhere else, those 99 cent domain names seem suspect to me. You can get the .info domains for that, but who knows what they might be in a few years. I wouldn't want to be stuck with 50 domains that are suddenly the same price as the other TLDs.

Don't they do some bullshit shady deal where the price is $1.00 but to renew it the second year is like $25 plus if you try to transfer they charge you about the same to transfer. See that way they get their money back unless you just let it go after a year.

Jeepers , ferk, tough crowd.

It's 99 cents people for a .com. You want fries with that too? And private registration is free as well.

Yes, I've been hearing that 1and1 is shit for as long as I've been posting on Wicked.

And yeah, yeah, yeah, God help you if you need to have DNS switchover in under 24 hours with 1and1.

But you guys just shit on a 99 cent deal? Wow, how much do you pay for whores in your country?

It's 99 cents people for a .com. You want fries with that too? And private registration is free as well.

Yes, I've been hearing that 1and1 is shit for as long as I've been posting on Wicked.

And yeah, yeah, yeah, God help you if you need to have DNS switchover in under 24 hours with 1and1.

But you guys just shit on a 99 cent deal? Wow, how much do you pay for whores in your country?

Does anyone know how much it is for the second year though?

Just checked it out, second year is regular price, which currently is 9.99. I think it's a good deal to purchase this way, especially for noobs looking to stay on the cheap.

I have read 1and1's Terms and Conditions, and it seems pretty legit. However, I saw another hosting company that was trying to do the same (this was a while ago, and I can't for the life of me remember the name of the hosting company), however, they would get you on the 99cent domains, but in the fine print you would have to pay almost double for a domain name for subsequent years.

Moral of the story, always read the fine print, if it sounds too much like a good thing, it probably is.

I think it needs to be mentioned more often that people need to really really really read the fine print. I think Yahoo sites or whatever they call themselves offer a shistey package that if you don't read the fine print you get bombed.

Take it easy.

J

I put a monetary value on my time. I'd probably end up spending more in time than I would save in money if I were to use 1and1.

I have three domains from them and they can be a real pain. Yes, it's 0.99 cents, but as cardine said, put a monetary value on your time.

They also force you to wait 24 hours to switch your DNS settings.

On the plus side, their support is open 24/7 by phone. On the minus side, you'll be calling it often.

My latest experience with 1and1 was not a pleasant one.
I've turned off automatic renewal for an expiring domain, and yet, when the time has come, they charged me for it. I had a long discussion with them, but they refused to issue a refund, stating the auto renew was switched off too late (actually, one week prior to the domain expiry).
So be aware...