93 isearch[state].com domains - what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevehnsn

Slave to The Man
Jan 3, 2007
NH
I have in my domain catalog, 93 domains that I wish to sell or develop. The problem is that I certainly can't build and promote all these domains myself... the ROI would be pathetic. I'm not 100% sure if I should sell them as one bundle or if I should hold on to some of the better ones.

I'll make this easy for you... answer the following questions:
1) Would you sell these domains as a bundle?
2) How much do you think this bundle is worth, if anything?
3) Can anyone think of a way to monetize every one of these fuckers all at once, or would that be the waste of time that I think it would?

These sites are currently undeveloped and have been listed with Sedo and on a couple other websites for the last year. I am curious about any opinions WickedFire members have to offer.

Without further ado, here is the list:

ISEARCHAK.COM
ISEARCHAL.COM
ISEARCHALABAMA.COM
ISEARCHALASKA.COM
ISEARCHAR.COM
ISEARCHARIZONA.COM
ISEARCHARKANSAS.COM
ISEARCHCA.COM
ISEARCHCALIFORNIA.COM
ISEARCHCO.COM
ISEARCHCOLORADO.COM
ISEARCHCONNECTICUT.COM
ISEARCHCT.COM
ISEARCHDE.COM
ISEARCHDELAWARE.COM
ISEARCHFL.COM
ISEARCHFLORIDA.COM
ISEARCHGA.COM
ISEARCHGEORGIA.COM
ISEARCHHI.COM
ISEARCHIA.COM
ISEARCHID.COM
ISEARCHIDAHO.COM
ISEARCHIL.COM
ISEARCHILLINOIS.COM
ISEARCHIN.COM
ISEARCHINDIANA.COM
ISEARCHIOWA.COM
ISEARCHKANSAS.COM
ISEARCHKENTUCKY.COM
ISEARCHKS.COM
ISEARCHKY.COM
ISEARCHLOUISIANA.COM
ISEARCHMA.COM
ISEARCHMAINE.COM
ISEARCHMARYLAND.COM
ISEARCHMASSACHUSETTS.COM
ISEARCHMD.COM
ISEARCHME.COM
ISEARCHMI.COM
ISEARCHMICHIGAN.COM
ISEARCHMINNESOTA.COM
ISEARCHMISSISSIPPI.COM
ISEARCHMISSOURI.COM
ISEARCHMN.COM
ISEARCHMO.COM
ISEARCHMONTANA.COM
ISEARCHMS.COM
ISEARCHMT.COM
ISEARCHNC.COM
ISEARCHND.COM
ISEARCHNE.COM
ISEARCHNEBRASKA.COM
ISEARCHNEVADA.COM
ISEARCHNEWHAMPSHIRE.COM
ISEARCHNEWJERSEY.COM
ISEARCHNEWMEXICO.COM
ISEARCHNH.COM
ISEARCHNJ.COM
ISEARCHNM.COM
ISEARCHNORTHCAROLINA.COM
ISEARCHNORTHDAKOTA.COM
ISEARCHNV.COM
ISEARCHOH.COM
ISEARCHOK.COM
ISEARCHOKLAHOMA.COM
ISEARCHOR.COM
ISEARCHOREGON.COM
ISEARCHPA.COM
ISEARCHPENNSYLVANIA.COM
ISEARCHRHODEISLAND.COM
ISEARCHRI.COM
ISEARCHSC.COM
ISEARCHSD.COM
ISEARCHSOUTHCAROLINA.COM
ISEARCHTENNESSEE.COM
ISEARCHTEXAS.COM
ISEARCHTN.COM
ISEARCHTX.COM
ISEARCHUNITEDSTATES.COM
ISEARCHUT.COM
ISEARCHVA.COM
ISEARCHVERMONT.COM
ISEARCHVIRGINIA.COM
ISEARCHVT.COM
ISEARCHWA.COM
ISEARCHWASHINGTON.COM
ISEARCHWESTVIRGINIA.COM
ISEARCHWI.COM
ISEARCHWISCONSIN.COM
ISEARCHWV.COM
ISEARCHWY.COM
ISEARCHWYOMING.COM

What would you do?

Thanks for all your input!

Create a fake activist group called Islamic Supremacy Everywhere. Come up with a simple yet distinctive crescent-shaped logo called the "ISE Arch." Then set up uniform pages for each of the domains for the faithful to post pictures of where they have defaced the Corporate Satanic landscape with glorious ISE marks. Seed it with some fake PS work of eg. the Lincoln Monument with an ISE Arch spray-painted on it.

Once you get some massive traffic coming to these sites -- and mind you, it will all be ANTI-Islam traffic, nearly 100% -- take the sites down, credit the removal to a fake Far-Right Christian Activist group, put up a PayPal donation button "to help fund the fight against the ecroaching tide of Islamofascism -- the Demo-Rats in Congress have failed us again!"

(profit)

Frank

fm1234, when you feel like plotting to conquer the world, throw me a pm. We will put our evil geniuses to work together. I take the eastern hemisphere, you take the western.

To the OP (that is Original Poster, eli), so you mean, you were drunk or high one night, and shelled out 700-900$ registering domains that you could not develop in the end. And now you want someone to buy them...

3) Can anyone think of a way to monetize every one of these fuckers all at once, or would that be the waste of time that I think it would?

Yes, buy a turnkey search engine script, and put it up on all of them. Or even throw up a single page with google search box, from adsense.

If you wanted to make some $ real quick I suggest getting a branded search engine by state done for each (cheap on freelance sites).

It can have a feature to search ONLY sites related to that domain.

Pitch it on Sitepoint etc, sold.

Include scrapings from craigslist, yellowpages, and state specific sites.

If you wanted to make some $ real quick I suggest getting a branded search engine by state done for each (cheap on freelance sites).

It can have a feature to search ONLY sites related to that domain.

Pitch it on Sitepoint etc, sold.

Include scrapings from craigslist, yellowpages, and state specific sites.
Offer paid listings, and a directory too

Partner with someone who provides local search, and let them figure it out. Subdomains also sound like a good idea (city.isearchstate.com)

To the OP (that is Original Poster, eli), so you mean, you were drunk or high one night, and shelled out 700-900$ registering domains that you could not develop in the end. And now you want someone to buy them...

Would you believe I was drunk and high on crack that night? Well I wasn't, but I might as well have been. At one point I had this brilliant idea of parlaying each one of these domains into a local search portal using city names as subdomains, optimizing for mobile traffic, and pimping a tight interface ala merchantcircle.com. But this year I got my ass kicked financially and had to get a full time contracting gig. Now I have far less time to develop 100 domains. Therefore I figured if I could sell the bundle for a few grand it might be worth it to just dump them all at once before renewal fees come due in August.

I think at this point I will take the advice of folks on this forum, do the subdomain thang, and put some custom Goog scripts and ads on each page. I will also try to integrate a directory script so long as moderating the submissions does not take up too much time. The less I have to maintain the better. I'll keep examining my options for additional automated ideas for these domains.

Thanks for your input. Any other ideas are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.