7Search guidelines - explain please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allen.H

Nov 19, 2006
Alright so i'm a real noob at this arbitrage and have only started reading about 3 days ago, i have mid 3 figures to fork out for this experiment, but before doing that i need to know what these really mean:

New advertisers are allowed a maximum of 10,000 search terms in each account.

Does that mean i am not allowed to bid for a term that has 10,001 searches a month, or that i'm not allowed to bid on 10,000 terms that has (let's say) 1 search a month? and 10,000 search terms seem a little crazy.

Advertisers that do not use the pre-formatted spreadsheet will be charged a service fee of $25.00 to have a member of the 7Search staff upload advertisers' submissions in the correct format.

pre-formatted spreadsheet?

Advertisers cannot use multiple subjects and titles to advertise the same unique URL or website address.

Only one ad title and description for each unqiue site? does that mean we can't have different titles and texts for the same URL?

Sorry if these sound ignorant, i am indeed in this matter. =\

Thanks in advance,
Allen.H

Allen.H said:
Does that mean i am not allowed to bid for a term that has 10,001 searches a month, or that i'm not allowed to bid on 10,000 terms that has (let's say) 1 search a month? and 10,000 search terms seem a little crazy.
I am pretty sure this means no more than 10k keywords in your account. And the rest I have no clue about :)

Yeah it is 10k keywords on one account.

The spreadsheet is if you want to bulk upload your keywords to them. If you use their spreadsheet format there is no charge. I have never found a need to use their spreadsheet or upload and I have multiple accounts.

As for the last one, not entirely sure because you can create a unique ad for every keyword with a different url or the same URL if you choose. I would not worry about that one too much.

Thanks for your answers.

So i've got two more questions, figured out i better post them here rather than creating another topic:

1. How many searches/month does a keyword need to actually get you some decent traffic?

2. Do you use the same URLs for all your arbitrage pages (like i-geek.info) or set up new domains and systems for each? (which seems quite a waste for me...)

Thanks again,
Allen.H

You want pretty high-traffic keywords. My best one I've found so far is listed in 7search as having about 1.5 million searches, and that only sends me about 50 clicks a day at about .20 a click, which I think is too expensive but it's doing ok so far for me.

I've been using the same site for all my pages so far (although I've only done about a dozen or so), like this:
mysite.com/topic1
mysite.com/topic2

Hey just came up with the same problem, reached the 10,000 Keyword mark, does that mean I have to open another account?

And also...how do you delete a site in 7Search, I know you can put it offline but how do you delete completely. I was thinking if I delete some sites that I'm not using anymore I can cut my keyword count down.

Thanks in advance
greenvy

Yep, you need to make a new account. Just call them up afterwords to get it approved right away.
I don't know if you can delete sites, but you can go into those sites and remove the keywords to lower your count.

You want pretty high-traffic keywords. My best one I've found so far is listed in 7search as having about 1.5 million searches, and that only sends me about 50 clicks a day

Wow, so there's no use with keywords that bring 3K-8K right?

Allen.H

Allen,
3-8 is a little low.. I usually don't look at anything under 20k, and even then you need to have a lot of those to make it worth it. It is good for starting though, because it won't burn through your money as fast..

Allen,
3-8 is a little low.. I usually don't look at anything under 20k, and even then you need to have a lot of those to make it worth it. It is good for starting though, because it won't burn through your money as fast..

I see, thanks. So i guess starting out with 2-3 10K's and some 4-5 ~5K's would be quite good to determine whether I'm getting profit or not.

Also, do you always try yo get the highest place? or are you willing to compromise and choose the 2-4th if the price is half for these?

Allen.H

The thing about 7search is that there are tons of keywords for niches that get less than 1k searches per month, but combined they add up. The trick really is volume.

Allen.H, if the bids for positions 2-5 are extremely low but the bid for the top position is high, go for the lower positions. You will get about the same traffic in those positions anyway, and sometimes more if your ad copy is good.

Thanks. Well i'm out of questions for now, i'll be waiting for my $600 Google check and will probably start slowly with arbitrage, hopefully i will be as dedicated in this field as much as i am in others on the internet.

Just a shout for everyone here: you rock. Seriously, i didn't really expect all of my questions being answered so quickly and detailed, i've been to other revenue forums and haven't got that kind of help, thank you!

Allen.H

So i've got more questions that are related to 7search, thanks for answering.

- I've heard there are 2 different programs, the affiliate program and the advertiser program, in both you pay for clicks but they are pretty different in the way ranking works...is that true?

- Also, when you choose "Show Estimates", you get another column - "Cost for #1 spot" or somethin' like this, how the hell is this calculated? and what does it mean for those who want to purchase the #1 spot?

Allen.H

Status
Not open for further replies.