3D design

Status
Not open for further replies.

NtodaS

super postwhore delux
Jun 24, 2006
Netherlands
www.hdtvpedia.com
Anyone here familiar with 3dimensional designing in for example 3d studio max or maya. I have tried some things in 3dsmax for logo designs and stuff. It's kinda hard to learn i must say. And the benefits aren't really great. Allthough it might be a hobby to someone here...I've seen some beuatifull things on http://forums.cgsociety.org/

Never done any 3d design or even looked into it... but I have to agree with peach.. its impressive!

Before I got in to commercial publishing I was working to become a 3D artist. It took me 6 months of practice to teach myself 3D Studio Max; I'm the kind of person that can sit down at an app I've never used before and teach someone else to use it within 5 minutes.

I have a lot of respect for people who can do this stuff. Besides being a kickass artist you also have to be very technically adept. Usually the two don't mix.

Andrew said:
Before I got in to commercial publishing I was working to become a 3D artist. It took me 6 months of practice to teach myself 3D Studio Max; I'm the kind of person that can sit down at an app I've never used before and teach someone else to use it within 5 minutes.

I have a lot of respect for people who can do this stuff. Besides being a kickass artist you also have to be very technically adept. Usually the two don't mix.

That's true most computer experts dont have such a kind of creativity like these guys. Some images are just photorealistic

I have messed with 3DSM and Maya. Both are extremely hard to get your head around but if you master it, you can produce really great renders.

I fooled myself into thinking I could learn how to use 3d Studio Max a couple of years ago, but never got past the animated jumping balls and awkard looking spaceships :eek:

ITALIA said:
3D Modelling is invaluable if you want to get into the gaming industry!

True. It's what I regret the most, not being talented enough to design all the cool heroes and monsters :(

I love doing 3D modelling, though I find my time for it to be constrained.

As a practical application, you'll either have to go freelance, or find something in gaming/film/etc.

Logos should be 2D, IMHO, unless it really adds to the logo to have that extra dimension in there.

I remember trying to learn a tiny little program called Rhino3D.. but this was a few years back.
I also played around with Bryce but only because it was the simplest 3D modeling program out there.

If you want to do it as a profession, good luck. As a hobby, it seemed too tedious.

Status
Not open for further replies.