322 Terabits per second

322 Terrabytes might just be enough horsepower to load one of Wagenheim's eBooks in full.

Chances are that by the time this is publicly available, other technologies will be available that will make this type of connection seem comparatively slow to what they are now. But still, streaming 10,000tB in 4 minutes is ridiculous. Great applications for "old world" (old 20 years from now) things like gaming, social networking, etc.

3d real-time neural imaging, still will have lag. can't wait to get the plug in my neck though.

They need to get cracking on neural interfaces. Imagine the VR possibilities of direct neural sensory stimulation.

I can, the world prison systems and behavior modification.

I know, you are thinking of Jacking-In to replace Jacking-Off though.

lol

GTFO. Im beginning to wonder now what the fuck is goinG to happen when we just need to get a HD BLURAY movie downloaded. Will that take a nanosec?

It's a Carrier router... not a consumer network card. Geez, guys!

every man, woman and child in China to make a video call, simultaneously; and every motion picture ever created to be streamed in less than four minutes
4406738473_3081917dc2_b.jpg

Let's begin by making sure every man, woman and child in China have enough living space to fit Transatlantic Optical Carriers next to the livingroom mediacenter, mhhyeah.

WOPR.jpg

I love all of the indicator lights that serve absolutely no purpose.
And what exactly is this broad doing? She's taking copious notes on the blinking light activity of he WOPR to put in her report. WTF. Why did this seem cool back in 1983

It's a Carrier router... not a consumer network card. Geez, guys!

Let's begin by making sure every man, woman and child in China have enough living space to fit Transatlantic Optical Carriers next to the livingroom mediacenter, mhhyeah.

The examples were to show the total traffic one of these can handle, not what an end user could expect. Geez

And every man, woman, and child wouldn't need their own router, they could all use one. At the same time.

What stood out for me was

Unmatched Scale: With a proven multi-chassis architecture, the Cisco CRS-3 can deliver up to 322 tbps of capacity, more than tripling the 92 tbps capacity of the Cisco CRS-1 and representing more than 12 times the capacity of any other core router in the industry.

The new capabilities in the platform can be achieved by reusing the existing chassis, route processors, fans and power systems with the addition of new line cards and fabric. These upgrades can be performed in-service and be provided by Cisco Services to ensure a smooth transition.

The Cisco CRS-3 offers dramatic operational expense savings and up to 60 percent savings on power consumption compared to competitive platforms.

This doesn't mean that end users will see Tbps speeds, but a faster, cheaper backbone may help with investment into expanding broadband networks.

Which is a good thing for those of us who make our living on teh interwebz. Geez

The examples were to show the total traffic one of these can handle, not what an end user could expect. Geez

And every man, woman, and child wouldn't need their own router, they could all use one. At the same time.

What stood out for me was

This doesn't mean that end users will see Tbps speeds, but a faster, cheaper backbone may help with investment into expanding broadband networks.

Which is a good thing for those of us who make our living on teh interwebz. Geez

I call DIBS on a "Spinal Tap"!!

lol

WOPR.jpg

I love all of the indicator lights that serve absolutely no purpose.
And what exactly is this broad doing? She's taking copious notes on the blinking light activity of he WOPR to put in her report. WTF. Why did this seem cool back in 1983

What, the lady can't check her stats?