30,0000 twitter followers gone in an instant

fatmoocow

Señor Member
Feb 1, 2009
Most likely my nice little script which randomizes tweets across my accounts was the cause. It didn't have enough content so it was probably hitting twitter with blank tweets, throwing up a red flag.

Worst part was that my followers where awesome quality. I could get a google wave invite or pretty much anything I wanted in an instant. Oh well, next time will be far more aggressive.

What do you guys do when things get fucked?

097_010_2000x1500.jpg

nwym1vqpfubwney71yy.jpg

Tatiane_Munhoz.jpg

Most likely my nice little script which randomizes tweets across my accounts was the cause. It didn't have enough content so it was probably hitting twitter with blank tweets, throwing up a red flag.

Worst part was that my followers where awesome quality. I could get a google wave invite or pretty much anything I wanted in an instant. Oh well, next time will be far more aggressive.

What do you guys do when things get fucked?

097_010_2000x1500.jpg

nwym1vqpfubwney71yy.jpg

Tatiane_Munhoz.jpg
Don't be an idiot fuck and run that many accounts/tweets from a single source.

If you email them, kiss their ass, and play stupid (I didn't know and I promise never, ever to do it again) you may be able to get it back.I've had success on a few occasions w/ that. Just email the shit out of support until you get an actual human reply instead of the canned answers they usually send back.

Don't be an idiot fuck and run that many accounts/tweets from a single source.

This is definitely the long term solution. Only 10 accounts through, should have had a little better error control in my script. In the middle of the move so I've had a bunch of half ass stuff running for a month that I haven't been able to clean up.

I'll try sending some emails, but I'm not optimistic.

Now is that 30,000 or 300,000? There was either a number mistake or a comma mistake in your thread title. And yes, it matters.

I had my twitter account suspended last month and actually It was suspended just like that with no reason and here is what I did to get it back.

1. Don't bother to email to the support team.

2. Open a thread at getsatisfaction.com and give them some explanation, be polite with your request and in most cases you should be getting your account back in a couple of hrs.

I had my twitter account suspended last month and actually It was suspended just like that with no reason and here is what I did to get it back.

1. Don't bother to email to the support team.

2. Open a thread at getsatisfaction.com and give them some explanation, be polite with your request and in most cases you should be getting your account back in a couple of hrs.

awesome idea, didn't think of that, I'll have to spread them out over several days through

30,000 followers, not the end of the world. What makes me nervous is how quickly the next round will get killed. Without knowing for sure what prompted it, it's hard to prevent it in the future.

I really wish I had created a shit ton more accounts, I'd have fuck tons of followers.

Now what to do with the database of 30k people that will follow you back.

oh man I'm giving them hell down at getsatisfaction. They gave me the too many links bullshit response. The insane part is that I don't really have any AF links in my stuff as I was still building followers. All of my legit content was links, because I was keeping my quality as high as possible, posting useful/interesting shit. I got a fast response though. We'll see how the second round goes.

oh man I'm giving them hell down at getsatisfaction. They gave me the too many links bullshit response. The insane part is that I don't really have any AF links in my stuff as I was still building followers. All of my legit content was links, because I was keeping my quality as high as possible, posting useful/interesting shit. I got a fast response though. We'll see how the second round goes.
Just keep arguing with them...they'll eventually give in. Took me like 4 rounds or so last time to get my account back.

After several exchanges

twitterdouche said:
Hello,
You have also been blocked by a substantial number of users.
Thanks,

me said:
I had like 3500 followers. What percentage of people blocked me? If you say anything mildly controversial some people will block you out of 3500 followers.

twitterdouche said:
Hello,
More than 50%.
Thanks,

AHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAH!

I think I will continue this exchange, so they can keep responding, just out of spite. Perhaps I can set up a cron job to reopen my ticket every few hours. :love-smiley-086: