$10 a day

zejayes

Aug 27, 2013
Seattle
Hey guys,

I'm new to this forum, but not new to online marketing. I've been working in SEO for about 4 years now (currently working at an agency in Seattle).

Lately I've gotten pretty bored of the whitehat agenda....starting to look for new challenges.

Anyways, I want to give this affiliate stuff a try. All I'm looking for is a simple example/way to get to $10/day (is that too lofty? Maybe $2/day). From there I can adjust & scale. The point is to just get my feet wet. I tend to go into analysis-paralysis mode, so I'm looking for a strategy that will ship fast.

Any of you have a good place to get me started? Any niche that is too small for you to care about but you'd like to pass on to a comrade?

Other general plans/notes/frustrations about AM:

>Maybe cuz I'm such a noob, but its difficult to find a decent niche to invade. I assume the best/least-exploited niches are the ones where everyone is like "wtf how did you think of that?" I'm having trouble coming up with those.

>Whatever niche I invade, I want to have 5 different domains so I have room to try a few different strategies. I'm an analyst at heart, and enjoy the opportunity to tinker around here. The general hypothesis: Screw what Google says, let's analyze & replicate what works.

>I can't seem to completely trust all these linkbuilding products out there. I'm really shy about pulling the trigger on any linkbuilding service. You guys really use this stuff?

>Gonna use wordpress

>I wanna get into Youtube stuff. Google's shown a tendency to inject Youtube and their other (owned) properties all over the place - Youtube seems like a great place to exploit that.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Start with a MFA site.

>Maybe cuz I'm such a noob, but its difficult to find a decent niche to invade. I assume the best/least-exploited niches are the ones where everyone is like "wtf how did you think of that?" I'm having trouble coming up with those.

Not really. Take the most popular industries (there's a chart somewhere about which industries spend the most ad dollars with Google) and start going deeper. Specialize. Look what kind of sites people are flipping. Replicate.

>I can't seem to completely trust all these linkbuilding products out there. I'm really shy about pulling the trigger on any linkbuilding service. You guys really use this stuff?

On occasion I use some stuff from BST. But start without them. Until you know what you're doing those are going to hinder you.

pick any niche that you like but go a little deeper.

example: finance -> loan -> student loan -> consolidate student loan -> consolidate student loan tips for unemployed people

the deeper you get into the niche the better.

all you need is a nice looking site with good content. don't worry about link for now.

First thing I'd do is set a higher Goal. Maybe $100, with your known of white hat SEO, you should be able to figure out how to make your site "seem" legit, if you are truly going down the blackhat way.

Second thing I'd do is be willing to risk it all, as in test, test, and re-test. You'll probably burn some domains from too much optimization, or too much blackhat, or bad links overall. If you aren't willing to go all the way, to don't even start.

Third, you're going to fail, miserably. You might get lucky on your first couple of campaigns, but eventually failure will occur. Don't let that discourage you, and use your failure to learn what not to do next time.

Forth, the best blackhat, looks white.

Fifth, no one is going to simply hand you over a profitable campaign, niche, or tip. They've spent thousands of dollars doing research, over and over, figuring out, what's profitable, what's not, and what weaknesses there are in niches. They aren't going to simply hand it over.

Sixth, youtube is a pretty good idea. It's the second largest search engine, with Google being #1.

Seventh:

MgpuH1C.jpg

Thanks for the responses so far. The feedback has bubbled up a question of mine:

To blog or not to blog?

I've got a blog right now (that I never intend to spam) and it does quite well with traffic, but of course the posts took forever to make. Is there an argument for forgoing the blogging process all together? The ROI of blogging at times feels questionable. Maybe this is a bad analysis as I usually write the posts myself so my vision of ROI here is pretty biased. Content could probably be pretty cheap outsourced.

Sixth, youtube is a pretty good idea. It's the second largest search engine, with Google being #1.

I think it'd be pretty interesting to shove a crap-ton of links (or a couple good links) at a youtube video and see if I can loft it to the top for a bit.

pick any niche that you like but go a little deeper.

example: finance -> loan -> student loan -> consolidate student loan -> consolidate student loan tips for unemployed people

the deeper you get into the niche the better.

all you need is a nice looking site with good content. don't worry about link for now.

Thanks this framework is helpful.

Can the mods care to explain how someone can get denied from DP or BHW but still get an account here?

Blackhat/whitehat/nohat -- Who cares? Just do what works. These "hats" blend a lot more than most think anyways. It's all just rank manipulation.

First thing I'd do is set a higher Goal. Maybe $100, with your known of white hat SEO, you should be able to figure out how to make your site "seem" legit, if you are truly going down the blackhat way.

Second thing I'd do is be willing to risk it all, as in test, test, and re-test. You'll probably burn some domains from too much optimization, or too much blackhat, or bad links overall. If you aren't willing to go all the way, to don't even start.

Third, you're going to fail, miserably. You might get lucky on your first couple of campaigns, but eventually failure will occur. Don't let that discourage you, and use your failure to learn what not to do next time.

Forth, the best blackhat, looks white.

Fifth, no one is going to simply hand you over a profitable campaign, niche, or tip. They've spent thousands of dollars doing research, over and over, figuring out, what's profitable, what's not, and what weaknesses there are in niches. They aren't going to simply hand it over.

Seventh:

MgpuH1C.jpg

I've yet to find a post of yours that doesn't make me want to say thank you. Just wow, I respect you a lot CCarter :love-smiley-013:

Great post. I made my first money on craigslist promoting tickets through ticket agents. Simply set up an autoresponder on Gmail and once people respond to your ad all you say in your AR is that I sell my tickets through a broker.

It works pretty well, I just have grown tired of craigslist. That should get you over 10 bucks a day. Have a nice day ! :)

Hunch:

The most important part of affiliate marketing is the up-front research & analysis. If you do it wrong, you're entering a valueless market or one you don't stand much of a chance at ranking for.

Methods are always methods, and they have their own ROI, but the market you are in will either multiply that ROI or divide it.

Yay/Nay?

@zejayes, do you started with your research & analysis?

I'm looking at markets now. I have a list of ideas & approaches with different markets. I'm kinda basing my research off the basics like KW research, CPC, domain authority of ranking domains, and other search engine markup crap that Google likes to put up there (the more markup like product photos, ads, biz listings, etc. the less I'm encouraged to enter).