09-10 NHL Season

lol Canucks?

My Oilers are gonna tear it up this year. You can't beat Khabibulin, remember him? The same guy who knock you out of the playoffs last year?

hey hey, let's not forget about the leafs this year.... they should rock.....just like any other year lol.... *facepalm

I too am looking forward to seeing what kind of noise the 'Nucks can make this year. As a long suffering fan, though, it's pretty hard to get *too* excited... I like Shirokov's upside and look forward to what he can do with the Sedins.

lol Canucks?

My Oilers are gonna tear it up this year. You can't beat Khabibulin, remember him? The same guy who knock you out of the playoffs last year?

LOL

Capitals in the east. Redwings or Hawks in the west. Montreal also has a good shot at being the best in the east too. also calgary might be good this year with brent sutter as their new coach and their additions. the flyers would have a great team if they had a good goalie. they devils would be an amazing team if they had defense. i don't think the oilers will be much better this year...chicago showed that Khabibulin is not a good goalie anymore and they don't want him. Canucks lost a few guys so they will be just as good as last year probably.

hey hey, let's not forget about the leafs this year.... they should rock.....just like any other year lol.... *facepalm

Not sure how closely you've been following the off season but this year looks a lot better than the last few and next year even better with all the young kids we've got coming up.

Not saying we'll get very far (maybe 1st round of playoffs?) but we'll surprise (and crush) a lot of teams this season, especially at the blue line with one of the best D cores in the league.

We've got Kessel to put some extra pucks in the net (though he won't be in till about mid Nov.) and should have an interesting battle going on in net with the Gustavsson signing. Tomorrow 1st game against Montreal, should be fun to watch :338:

The Vancouver Luongos are a great team, his cheerleaders and sedin sisters are not going to cut it...

I am excited to see Heatley and the Sharks though, and Chicago will be an exciting team.

The NHL season is starting up soon.

Predictions?

What teams have a shot at the cup this year?

My Canucks are looking solid. This could be the year!

Not sure how closely you've been following the off season but this year looks a lot better than the last few and next year even better with all the young kids we've got coming up.

Not saying we'll get very far (maybe 1st round of playoffs?) but we'll surprise (and crush) a lot of teams this season, especially at the blue line with one of the best D cores in the league.

We've got Kessel to put some extra pucks in the net (though he won't be in till about mid Nov.) and should have an interesting battle going on in net with the Gustavsson signing. Tomorrow 1st game against Montreal, should be fun to watch :338:

Just like Football needs a good QB to be successful, hockey need a good goalie to be successful...the one thing the leafs are missing...once they get a solid goaltender they will be very hard to beat...when they had cuju they were one of the top teams...look what happened to them since...

Just like Football needs a good QB to be successful, hockey need a good goalie to be successful...the one thing the leafs are missing...once they get a solid goaltender they will be very hard to beat...when they had cuju they were one of the top teams...look what happened to them since...

The leafs will suck indefinitely. Their fans won't allow them to rebuild properly.

BTW - I like the name "Luongos". Whatever wins us the cup!

The northwest should be the most competitive division in the league again. Really not sure how the Wild will do, either really well or horribly. Can't tell yet. Excited to have a new coach and GM and Havlat though.

Of course I'll be on vacation next week and will miss 3 of the first 4 games of the year.

hah! You know whats funny... i think leaf fans say that everryyyy yearrrr!! Seriously.... ok, this year sure they do look a bit better and hopefully at least they'll be fun to watch if anything, but i think it's just gonna be another oops, just missed the playoffs so no draft picks for us season.

Having said that, HABS are going DOWN!!! lol... Ah, nothing like a beer and a good ole hockey rivalry to kick start the season.

Oh, can't wait for Kessel... Stalberg looking good too... but Stajan can't be 1st line centre...need some more hands.

hah! You know whats funny... i think leaf fans say that everryyyy yearrrr!!

lol that's true but this year it's legit with Burkie running the show. I think for this year most somewhat knowledgeable fans realize that we have a chance to squeeze into the playoffs but nothing more, which is still progress. Things actually look like they're headed in the right direction and we've got a lot of young kids that should be good for next year.

Agreed on Stajan, best guy for the job right now though but either a) Burke brings in a decent playmaking C or next year Kadri is ready for the nhl, that kid got some skills.

pwned

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVfNxfa_Zuc"]YouTube - Nazem Kadri Sweet Shootout Goal vs Pittsburgh Penguins (HD)[/ame]

lol that's true but this year it's legit with Burkie running the show. I think for this year most somewhat knowledgeable fans realize that we have a chance to squeeze into the playoffs but nothing more, which is still progress. Things actually look like they're headed in the right direction and we've got a lot of young kids that should be good for next year.

Agreed on Stajan, best guy for the job right now though but either a) Burke brings in a decent playmaking C or next year Kadri is ready for the nhl, that kid got some skills.

pwned

yahh man, almost spilt my beer when i saw that one... pretty sick, too bad they couldn't keep him for the 1st 10 games - or whatever the limit is before sending him back to the minors.

Well damn, now you got me excited about making the playoffs!! What are the chances sundin comes out of retirement :D

yahh man, almost spilt my beer when i saw that one... pretty sick, too bad they couldn't keep him for the 1st 10 games - or whatever the limit is before sending him back to the minors.

Well damn, now you got me excited about making the playoffs!! What are the chances sundin comes out of retirement :D

lol forget about Sundin already, plus I'm sure his new 26 year old wife will keep him busy.