█ █ █ 26,692 Embeddable Music Videos Database + Artist Biographies [HIGH QUALITY] █ █

Status
Not open for further replies.

chatmasta

Jan 7, 2007
NYC
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
█ █ █ 26,692 Embeddable Music Videos Database + Artist Biographies [HIGH QUALITY] █ █

Music Videos Database

For sale is a database of over 26,692 embeddable music videos in 30 categories by 7,704 different artists. It also includes a biography on 5,124 (66%) of the artists. These are not the actual video files. Since the videos are scraped from Yahoo music, you simply use their embed code to show the video. This is probably my best database yet. You won't find anything like this on the web. It's hard to scrape this data, but with it you will be able to make some very potent sites.

What You Can Do With It

• Make a content site for indexing power. Eli (Bluehatseo) recommends using databases just like this to quickly build vast content sites. You can easily create thousands of pages for google to index. Then you can put a link on every page, giving you immense indexing power. Combine this with my other databases for maximum potency.
  • Make a video autoblog. Feed these videos, along with the artist biographies, to a blog for lots and lots of fresh content. If you choose not to spin the biographies, there is a field in the database for the author of the biography so you can properly cite him/her.
  • Combine the database with a lyrics site. If you have (or want to have!) a lyrics site compiled from one of the many lyrics databases out there, this is a great addition. Add a video to any song that has a video associated with it. Give yourself a leg up on other run-of-the-mill lyrics sites.
  • Know what YouTube videos to scrape or post on. If you are using any kind of blackhat YouTube method - comment spamming, or the like - you may want to target music videos for ringtone offers. Use this database to search for all the songs that have videos.
I'm sure you can think of plenty more creative uses for this database. Those listed above are just a few. Theres definitely a lot of potential in combining this with other techniques.

Features

• Massive. With 26,692 videos from 30 categories by 7,704 different artists, this is not just the ONLY embeddable music videos database on the web, but it's by far the biggest! It has everything from 1980's rap to modern pop, from all the biggest artists.
  • Normalized and optimized. The database structure is normalized and optimized for fast, efficient querying.
  • Includes "slugs" for URLs. If you don't know what slugs are, they are URL friendly strings. For instance, the slug for "30 Seconds To Mars" is "30SecondsToMars" and "American Hi-Fi" is "American-Hi-Fi." These can be a real pain to generate on-the-fly, so are included for both artist names and video titles. This way you can make your site the most SEO friendly possible by including artist names and video titles in your URLs.
  • Videos are embeddable. This is definitely the best feature. Since they are embedded, and hosted at Yahoo, you know that they are safe and will last for a long time.
  • Video thumbnails. Each video entry includes a thumbnail URL to the image hosted on Yahoo's site.
  • Complete and comprehensive readme file. To help you set everything up as fast as possible, I included a very comprehensive and detailed readme file with the database.
  • A functions.php file to show you how to query the database. To assist in getting your site up and running ASAP, there is a functions.php file filled with common functions for querying the database. Functions include getVideosByArtistId, simpleSearchVideosByTitle, getEmbedCode, and more.
  • A denormalization script to put everything in one table. If you don't want your data to be normalized for some reason (maybe you need to plug it into a content generation script), and you want one table instead of three, just run this script! It takes less than 30 seconds and you will have everything in one table.
Database Schema

As I said, if you don't like this schema or have different needs, I included a denormalization script to convert everything into one table.
Code:
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `artists` (
  `id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `name` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
  `slug` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
  `biography` text NOT NULL,
  `bio_author` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY  (`id`),
  UNIQUE KEY `slug` (`slug`),
  KEY `name` (`name`,`slug`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM  DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=7707 ;

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `categories` (
  `category` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY  (`id`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM  DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=31 ;

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `videos` (
  `artist_id` int(11) NOT NULL,
  `category_id` int(11) NOT NULL,
  `yahoo_id` varchar(30) NOT NULL,
  `title` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
  `slug` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
  `url` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
  `thumb_url` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY  (`id`),
  UNIQUE KEY `url` (`url`),
  KEY `artist_id` (`artist_id`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM  DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=26693 ;
If you would like your database in a form other than MySQL (I support CSV, CSV for excel, Open Document Spreadsheets, XML, YAML), just let me know.

Why I'm Not Offering a Script with the Database

If you're familiar with my other databases, you know that I usually include a script with each database. But I've decided not to do that here. The beauty of this database is that it can be used in a huge number of different ways, so that nobody really interferes with somebody else using the database. If I were to include a script, I would be encouraging you to use that one method, and eventually everyone using it would run each other into the
ground.

However, I am making sure that setting a script up around this database is as easy as possible. That's why I included a functions file. And of course, I am always here to answer any questions you have about using it!

Pricing

Price: $39
Remember, this is the only database of its kind!
Payment via PayPal only. PM me or post here to purchase.

Somebody asked to see example entries, which I should have included in the original post.

videos table
Code:
INSERT INTO `videos` (`id`, `artist_id`, `category_id`, `yahoo_id`, `title`, `slug`, `url`, `thumb_url`) VALUES
(1, 1924, 1, '2161725', 'Real Compton City G''s', 'Real-Compton-City-G''s', 'http://new.music.yahoo.com/Eazy-E/videos/view/Real-Compton-City-G''s--2161725', 'http://d.yimg.com/ec/image/v1/video/2161725');

categories table
Code:
INSERT INTO `categories` (`id`, `category`) VALUES
(1, '1980s Hip Hop'),

artists table
Code:
INSERT INTO `artists` (`id`, `name`, `slug`, `biography`, `bio_author`) VALUES
(1, '10,000 Maniacs', '10000Maniacs', '10,000 Maniacs (named after the low-budget horror movie 2,000 Maniacs) was formed in Jamestown, NY, in 1981 by singer Natalie Merchant and guitarist John Lombardo. Other members of the sextet were Robert Buck (guitar), Steven Gustafson (bass), Dennis Drew (keyboards), and Jerry Augustyniak (drums). The group gigged extensively and recorded independently before signing with Elektra and making The Wishing Chair in 1985. Co-founder Lombardo left the band in 1986, and they continued as a quintet, releasing their second album, In My Tribe, in 1987. This album broke into the charts, where it stayed 77 weeks, peaking at number 37. Blind Man''s Zoo, the 1989 follow-up, hit number 13 and went gold. <p>\nAfter 1992''s Our Time in Eden had finished its run on the charts, Merchant announced that she was leaving for a solo career. MTV Unplugged was released a few months after her departure. The remaining 10,000 Maniacs decided to continue performing, adding the folk-rock duo John & Mary (original member Lombardo and violinist/vocalist Mary Ramsey). The new lineup released Love Among the Ruins. Merchant released her first solo album, Tigerlily, in the summer of 1995 and a follow-up, Ophelia, in 1998. In 1999, the remaining Maniacs released The Earth Pressed Flat on Bar/None. Sadly a year later lead guitarist and founding member Robert Buck, who co-wrote some of the band''s classics like "Hey Jack Kerouac," "What''s The Matter Here?," and "These Are Days," died of liver failure. He was 42. ~ William Ruhlmann, All Music Guide', 'William Ruhlmann');

Buddy, can you give a noob some starter help to build the site? I am completly a dumbass if it comes to PHP. I would rather rape some fucking pixels instead. Let me know what you think, thanks :)

Alright this guy kicks ass if it comes to help :) I didn't found the time yet to install the database but it looks HOT! The DB comes detailed and with a well written Readme file. I am sure I can make some decent $$ of this, thanks again :)

Thanks for the review Xdreamer. Also sorry I bailed on IM the other day, my comp crashed and then I had to go somewhere. I haven't seen you online lately - dunno if I have the right sn added

hi can you give me an update on this please - is it still available?, is it updated?, is it US focussed or UK focussed?
Thanks so much
Vickie

Status
Not open for further replies.