Аffiliate programs I included in my split-test

Gefrekssiy

Feb 6, 2022
Hello

I am the owner of several sites with mobile traffic from a mix of GEOs, I have been developing them for more than 8 years. I monetized adsense and clickunder. At the end of 2020, I found out about push notifications - I decided to try it out, there weren’t that many affiliate programs back then, which is why I drove all my traffic for like 10 months to a single AP - propush. I was mostly pleased with what I was getting, I had a stable flow of cash, didn’t need to deal with bans, my website’s performance didn’t sag.

for a whole year I got spammed by different APs, saying “test us out, we got the best stuff” and the sort of ordinary spam, I got tired of deleting it all, so I decided to conduct an enormous split-test for multiple push notification APs and see which one would make me the most profit. Partly, I wanted to hold this test because nowhere (neither on forums nor anywhere else online) could I find any split tests for monetizing one’s personal website between different push notification affiliate programs.

I want to draw your attention to the fact that none of the affiliate programs knew about my split test. I registered using a new account every time in order to prevent the AP from potentially affecting or just changing the result.

in total, the split test took a little over 2 months - 10 days per affiliate program. The results were pretty surprising

If you are interested in seeing the results right away, scroll to the very bottom of the thread.

Now then, how it all started:

October 22, 2021 - I choose an AP to test out - looking through affiliate program selections and their threads on SEO forums (unfortunately, many don’t let you monetize traffic + a lot of places have unnecessarily long and complicated procedures for connecting your platform to the network (a non-user-friendly interface and long moderation) - like in rollerads)

I would like to make a separate note that I tested the Social bar in the Adsterra affiliate program, these are basically in page push notifications, tech support told me that they moved away from regular 1click subscription PNs and that social bar is allegedly a lot more profitable… guess we’ll see

These were the affiliate programs I included in my split-test:
Adsterra Advertising Network | Solutions for Advertisers and Publishers (social bar)
Get passive income from your website through browser PUSH notifications
RollerAds — Push Notification Advertising Network
Zpush.biz - push notification advertising network
ProPush.me - Earn with Push Subscriptions

These are the ones that let a publisher register quickly and that provided the same monetization format - 1click subscription code.

The number of daily notifications was the same everywhere (at least where I could set that number), the other settings were also similar

I decided to set aside 10 days for each affiliate program and assess the result based on the performance after that time period. I draw your attention to the fact that the traffic remained at almost the same level, there were no website crashes or anything like that. Sometimes I forgot it was the last day of the split and moved the sites 1-3 days later, but that didn’t affect the result too much, I still included only the 10 days in the stats starting from Day 1.

Stats from each affiliate program (22.10.2021-13.01.2022), they aren’t in order, sorry:

1.png

Adsterra - social bar (04.01.22 - 13.01.22) – $247

2.png

BroPush (12.12.21 - 21.12.21) – $391

3.png

RollerAds ( 24.12.21 - 02.01.22) – $302

4.png

ProPush (01.12.21 - 10.12.21) – $308

5.png

Zpush (21.11.21 - 29.11.21) - 342$

The result of my 2 month split-test:

6.png

Results: I was extremely surprised by the gap in profits, considering the traffic volume was nearly identical - almost $150$ between the #1 AP and the one that ranked last. СРС plays a very important role indeed. During the 2 months the test was being conducted, there was no sagging in traffic volume or any sort of penalties from search engines.

You can also see that Adsterra’s Social bar performed much more poorly than the standard 1click format.

I hope this split-test will make finding an affiliate program and testing it easier for you. In any case, you should always test out multiple APs - certain APs may perform better than others in specific GEOs. The RevShare rate is also vital - most APs don’t reveal how big your cut is – out of these 5 APs, only Bropush told me (in my profile) what the RevShare rate is - 80%, judging by the numbers I got in the other 4, the rate is lower there.

I’m not saying my findings are absolute, this is just my own experience. I drew my own conclusions. All the best!